Finding Out You Have an Heir to Your Poker Chip Collection (2 Viewers)

Congrats, my man!

I'll never forget the feeling of realizing I was 100% responsible for a new person coming in to this world.

Frustrating, exhilarating and 100% rewarding, all at the same time.

Been going through all of those emotions the last few weeks. Stress, excitement, amazement, shock, fear. The 100% responsibility thing is definitely terrifying, and sobering!

Beautiful! That’s a lot of goodness in a tiny package! Congratulations!
That’s awesome. Get ready for a fun ride.
MAZEL TOV, Andrew!! Great news! Congratulations, bud!

Thank you all -- we are so very excited!! (y) :thumbsup::D:)

Congratulations Andrew! This is something you will cherish for the rest of your life. I remember when Annette and I were first expecting. Wow, I was on top of the world and now 32 years and a total of 3 kids later I am as proud today as I was back then. Enjoy every minute of parenthood. Yes it has it's ups and downs at times but you get out of it what you put into it!

On a side note. Keep me in mind if you ever need to cull back that one set I helped you with, you know for college money or something like that ! LOL JK

Congrats and let us know when your Chip Heir is born!!!

David

Thanks for your note, David - it is sincerely appreciated!

And I may actually be unloading some sets here in the spring to free up some funds. I will keep you (and all of PCF) posted!! :whistle: :whistling:

You are definitely ALL-IN now!!! Congrats! It is an exciting journey. Start playing poker every day until 4am then go to work, it will help you get adjusted to the sleepless nights you’ll be having the first 6 months or so! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Congrats Andrew, better get in as many sessions as you can in the next few months...it may be a while

I am definitely trying to work in more sessions before life changes forever. Just joking/not joking? :p Given the due date, my annual June Poker BBQ is probably off this year, or I may just have to bump it up a month... so long as the Gaming Commission (fiance) approves. :whistle: :whistling:

@pokerplayingpisces, I hope you don't mind me stealing your phrase!

That is awesome - Congrats.
Boy is great because - well everything boy
Girl is great because - forever you will have a "daddy's little girl"

They couldn't tell us "for sure" at this week's sonogram, but they did say, "If we had to call it, it looks like you're having a girl. We'll know for sure in a few weeks."

Last edited:
Although I am a little later in life to be starting down this road - and I never thought I'd live to see the day - it appears as if I will have an heir to my poker chip collection coming in the near future.

We are pretty damn excited about this little development (and I can't wait to teach him/her poker!)...

(looking down at head, fingers and hands)
View attachment 234945

(side view - spine is all there!)
View attachment 234946

That's awesome! Congrats to you and your family!

Congratulations! Some of the best moments of your life are coming I am sure.

Some early advice, not really so needed just yet. Even so . . . .

No one ever lay on their death bed wishing they had worked more and spent less time on their kids and family. Spend excessive amounts of time with the kid(s) while you can. They grow up way faster than you expect. The first years, the kid will be "less" interesting, but soon enough they will be an empty sponge waiting for someone - ideally you - to fill them up. I took a decade off from work to spend time with the kids. It cost a bunch, but I wouldn't change that decision - one of the most +EV life choice ever.

Choose wisely -=- DrStrange

Not sure if sex or poker....

tenor.gif

As the dad of 5 (4 of them teens) I'll offer my overwhelming congratulations and humble condolences at the same time!! You're life is about to be flipped upside down, mostly for the better, sometimes for the worst, but I wouldn't change it for anything. I've never felt more pride than when one of my kids had a major accomplishment, and never felt more frustrated when they do something stupid. Get some sleep and some games in, the first year is a whirlwind my friend!

Congratulations Man! I've got three of my own, don't worry about the being 100% responsible thing. None of us have any idea what we are doing, we're all winging it. It all comes down to just being there and doing the best you can.

When it comes time to do it, coach their teams. The time and extra aggravation is well worth some of the moments you get out of that. Its been one of my favorite things so far.

Somebody on here said that they just unlocked the new player achievement. I like that, still use it when congratulating people. Either that or "Congratulations to your genitals".

Congrats and all the best in the coming months as you get ready to welcome a new addition to your world!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom