Find me someone who can copy these (1 Viewer)

VMR911

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Asking for a friend here...
I want to create custom denoms for this label. Does anyone know who can recreate this with 5c and 25c for a fee? This way I can send it gear and get these fracs made!
500chset_all2_7_2.jpg
crazy-horse-poker-chip-rolls_1.jpg

Since the design is copyrighted, you’ll likely have trouble getting these made from a legitimate supplier.
You may need to make enough changes to avoid infringement.
Good luck with this!

Since the design is copyrighted, you’ll likely have trouble getting these made from a legitimate supplier.
You may need to make enough changes to avoid infringement.
Good luck with this!
Good to know

These are just rebranded Milanos. Was a company out there doing this and selling these? Are they still around?

These are just rebranded Milanos. Was a company out there doing this and selling these? Are they still around?
Yes they are from Straight Poker Supplies in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada — The lowest denom they have is 50c. So I was going to relabel some blank milanos

@Johnny5 - Guide us through these dark times. I just need them for a alternative set for family micro cash games

Last edited:
Serious question. How is this unethical? Seems like a tribute set in a way. How is it different from making an HSI 25¢ label?
The difference is that the crazy horse chip design is owned by a company that is still selling chips.
I can give you a few reasons why I think it sucks to make an HSI twenty-five cent chip, but you're not taking money out of any poker chip manufacturer's pocket by making them, so in that regard, it's different.

The difference is that the crazy horse chip design is owned by a company that is still selling chips.
I can give you a few reasons why I think it sucks to make an HSI twenty-five cent chip, but you're not taking money out of any poker chip manufacturer's pocket by making them, so in that regard, it's different.
AND, you'll never find the artist for the HSI label in order to compensate them, either.

Got it. So how about the Aria tribute set that was made? I 100% get what you’re saying. It’s just a lot of shades of grey to me

I’m kind of curious about labels now. Meaning, I recognize that someone can’t call CPC and order a duplicate of someone’s CPC set. But if they asked Gear to make them labels of my CPC set for him to relabel whatever chips, would he do it? Even if you change 1-2 little things it’s now appropriation right?

I’m kind of curious about labels now. Meaning, I recognize that someone can’t call CPC and order a duplicate of someone’s CPC set. But if they asked Gear to make them labels of my CPC set for him to relabel whatever chips, would he do it? Even if you change 1-2 little things it’s now appropriation right?
This is tough - are you expecting Gear (or whoever) to know the design is not your original? And if there is no financial gain, what can be done about it?

This is tough - are you expecting Gear (or whoever) to know the design is not your original? And if there is no financial gain, what can be done about it?
given Straitpokersupplies is the first poker dealer that pops up on most Canadian search engines I dare say @Gear from Canada is well aware of this chip.....

The clearance chips with 50c denoms etc are from a earlier production run that the 1-5-25-100-500-1000-5000 chips in the 2017 production line. The clearance chips are slightly thicker and have more texture/less slippery (feel better in my opinion and i'd want a whole set like that) than the 2017 production. I had a large 2000 piece set of Crazy horse chips and honestly the 50c and $50 chips set me on tilt with the irregular dimensions. Sold the whole set off using the $ for 3 tables/gas money and lunch on the day bought sold everything. Unfortunately in the current economic climate and lockdowns across Canada it would probably be a poor business decision to invest in ordering new chip sets right now beyond current order/production availability......I doubt a new set will be printed anytime soon.

given Straitpokersupplies is the first poker dealer that pops up on most Canadian search engines I dare say @Gear from Canada is well aware of this chip.....

The clearance chips with 50c denoms etc are from a earlier production run that the 1-5-25-100-500-1000-5000 chips in the 2017 production line. The clearance chips are slightly thicker and have more texture/less slippery (feel better in my opinion and i'd want a whole set like that) than the 2017 production. I had a large 2000 piece set of Crazy horse chips and honestly the 50c and $50 chips set me on tilt with the irregular dimensions. Sold the whole set off using the $ for 3 tables/gas money and lunch on the day bought sold everything. Unfortunately in the current economic climate and lockdowns across Canada it would probably be a poor business decision to invest in ordering new chip sets right now beyond current order/production availability......I doubt a new set will be printed anytime soon.
Yeah that's why I wanted to make my own labels because I am pretty sure they don't produce them anymore

Design-wise, this is a piece of cake AFAICS. All you would have to do is get a hi-res photo or scan of the $5 and $25 chips, put a cent sign to the right of it, and do a tiny bit of Photoshopping to cover up and repair the background where the dollar sign is (easily done by copying the area to the right, flipping it horizontally, and dragging the clipping to the left).

As for legalities, I dunno, not a lawyer. But from a common-sense perspective, if you buy the base chips from the same supplier, I can’t see how they are harmed by you then changing the label.

All that said... It does appear they sell 5c and 25c versions on their site still. What am I missing here?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom