Felt Cleaning (1 Viewer)

DoubleEagle

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
My @T_Chan felt is a couple of years old. We use it about 4 or five times each month. It had gotten really, really dingy and dirty. The white lettering had turned gray. You can see the how dirty is was in the pic. Yuk!

So yesterday I removed the felt and ran it through the washing machine, drying it on low heat. It looks like new! I am really pleased how it came out. No shrinking, fading or other ill effects. YMMV.

0A40F235-CBC0-4DED-8C51-7A6279F9CC0B.jpeg
58189286447__F78F7E51-691D-4C89-86ED-29570A6226C7.JPG

why does the the stack on the bottom left have a $1 cap on each barrel of $5's?
That is one of our female players. She always caps each stack of $100 to help her keep track of her totals. Kind of goofy, but it works for her.

BTW, she gave almost all of it back! :)

Last edited:
Great to see how clean it turned out. Looks like it was just chip & finger grime building up.

So who's going to try to put their cloth into an ultrasonic?

In case anyone is wondering, I had put the cloth down using the "light haze method" with 3M Super 77 spray adhesive. The cloth peeled off very easily without pulling up any of the Volara 1/4" foam. After washing the cloth, no additional adhesive was necessary as there was plenty of residual adhesive still on the Volara. It went down very easily. I probably could have gotten by with no staples, but I added a few just for good measure.

What's with the guy with all the singles on the barrels of 5s?

id love to do this however idk if ill be able to get the felt back on perfectly straight and my OCD would go crazy in me..... @T_Chan when's the next trip to Maui :wow:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom