FDLmold: Rat Rod mixed .25/.25 and up leaded THC poker set (3 Viewers)

how did a RHC sneak in?
1) It's leaded
2) It's a textured inlay (with a color-matched denomination to boot)
3) This is a Rat Rod set
4) It sounds and shuffles just like the other 104 chips in the picture
5) It's actually a pretty rare Mississippi chip, acquired for a nice price, and it deserves to be gambled with

I was not 100% sure of #4 before I got the chip, but I suspected. After all, several people have made PCA sets and refused to use the RHC $1s. After testing their hypothesis, I think they're fucken crazy. I put it in a stack, and I shuffled and riffled and closed my eyes. Leaded textured RHC chips are great!

My gosh man, such inspiring work. You know I’ve idolized this set for some time. Now that I’ve gotten the first few hundreds chips easily out the way I know the work and care you put into getting to this milestone. Incredible incredible work and a blessing to the community that you share the progress and pr0n

1) It's leaded
2) It's a textured inlay (with a color-matched denomination to boot)
3) This is a Rat Rod set
4) It sounds and shuffles just like the other 104 chips in the picture
5) It's actually a pretty rare Mississippi chip, acquired for a nice price, and it deserves to be gambled with

I was not 100% sure of #4 before I got the chip, but I suspected. After all, several people have made PCA sets and refused to use the RHC $1s. After testing their hypothesis, I think they're fucken crazy. I put it in a stack, and I shuffled and riffled and closed my eyes. Leaded textured RHC chips are great!
you have no qualms from me about including a leaded RHC but...... it might be time to update the title of this thread to ".... H&C (SCV, LCV & RHC) poker set" :cool :wtf:

you have no qualms from me about including a leaded RHC but...... it might be time to update the title of this thread to ".... H&C (SCV, LCV & RHC) poker set" :cool :wtf:
It has evolved since I made the title, good catch! There are some darn fine house molds in here too. The set is now properly characterized as a love affair with Paulson leaded, textured chips made from 1970 to 1995.

After all, several people have made PCA sets and refused to use the RHC $1s. After testing their hypothesis, I think they're fucken crazy.
Hallelujah, holy shit!
Yeah the RHC mold is ugly. But it’s part of that set. And the damn chips are leaded and textured. Know how many accessible leaded paulson sets there are that include their own frac? Available in secondary denominations? You don’t pollute a treasure like that with some random $1s, just because they’re on the “right” mold. It’s just crazy talk!

Hallelujah, holy shit!
Yeah the RHC mold is ugly. But it’s part of that set. And the damn chips are leaded and textured. Know how many accessible leaded paulson sets there are that include their own frac? Available in secondary denominations? You don’t pollute a treasure like that with some random $1s, just because they’re on the “right” mold. It’s just crazy talk!
1665019492975.png

I collected as many fives as I could find at first. When I had enough, I limited myself to a max of TWO per chip. I knew one day I would have enough fives to make that limit ONE. Today was that day. I present to you 250 unique fives.

IMG_2754.jpg

These 52 are mostly just the extras (I had 47 duplicates). I also had a few where the condition wasn't good enough for my liking and I'll need to acquire a better chip of that type. Bye!

IMG_2755.jpg

Also got rid of my four VERY LIGHT BLUE (that's the official Paulson color, right?) chips from the ones. They are just too far off from the other blues and they don't look right. I will miss the Red Lion. He's a heavy bastard!

IMG_2757.jpg

Not to take away anything from your uniquely mixed set, but wouldnt all mixed sets qualify as a "rat rod" set? :unsure:
If each denomination is homogeneous, I would argue no, not really. The spirit of my set is I'm collecting singles, but they happen to share enough qualities that I can make a playable set out of them.

My recent favorite acquisitions:

IMG_2800.jpg

My chips photograph terribly while on a towel, but they needed cleaning and/or oiling, and that's where I am in the process. The Brass Elephant $5 is orange, I know, but it has red edge spots, and I think it will work. If not, then divestment will soon follow lol.

I'm over 250 *unique* fives now. I had over 50 doubles, but they're on the sale pile now. My next transactions will really focus on getting this to 300. That and acquiring some more unique 50c chips. Every other acquisition is secondary to those two.

IMG_2804.jpg
IMG_2805.jpg
IMG_2807.jpg

I've worked hard to assure all chips are in a minimum condition of "barely stands on edge", with most chips far better than that. I've annoyed several vendors and PCFers I'm sure.

IMG_2806.jpg

Dang, it's been 2 months since I've added chips to the set. I got distracted by another hobby. (There are some excellent values to be had in the Collectible Card Game space right now, lots of people running for the hills, that sort of thing - I had to educate myself and then make some acquisitions.)

At any rate, I found a HEAVY inlaid 50c chip that I did not have previously.

IMG_3297.jpg

I've said it before, but any THC inlaid chip over 11g is a fully leaded brick house. That's all there is to it. This one has a tiny flea bite and some wear - imagine this guy fresh from the factory. 11.7g+ is not out of the question.

And the current set update (174 transactions, and my per chip average is still under $7/chip, but just barely):

1671846963669.png

Bank is $5k now, woot. This year's resolution is to get the fives over 300, which should get my unique chips over 600, which is a helluva lot. I will also value hunt for enough hundos to get that up to a full barrel. Wish me luck! And thanks for following my silly idea in my silly thread. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom