Favorite Gifted Poker Chip/Item (1 Viewer)

Not my bed! The guest room bed! And jerky was much better than what you thought you left there.
Shh bby. Don't ruin the mood.

Rory loved it.

Miss u bud.
IMG_20220617_221153~2.jpg

Recently I was gifted my grandpa's old custom decks of cards and one of his old poker chips. My grandparents are the reason that I love poker so much. Early in my childhood they instilled in me a love of playing card games. At all family get-togethers we would play cards for hours and hours. Kings on the corner, 500 rummy, up and down the river, golf, and many other games. The cards and poker chip just remind me of great childhood memories.
20220731_222159.jpg
20220801_181025.jpg

Recently I was gifted my grandpa's old custom decks of cards and one of his old poker chips. My grandparents are the reason that I love poker so much. Early in my childhood they instilled in me a love of playing card games. At all family get-togethers we would play cards for hours and hours. Kings on the corner, 500 rummy, up and down the river, golf, and many other games. The cards and poker chip just remind me of great childhood memories. View attachment 964672View attachment 964673
@Ben8257 is that you?

Very awesome gift to have, hold on to that and all its memories for the rest of time. Glad to have you join us!

fantastic idea for this thread!

I have a couple of these books with chip gifts (+ a rack or two)
it will be hard to choose just a couple favs
but no one said "no side pRon of lost classics here" ;)

(but I do not plan to be awake long after dinner)
View attachment 962558
This is what I was responding to... LOL

It probably would help to mention that last week I purchased a vacuum tumbler marinade device to help improve the tenderness of my fajitas. It turns out it also works very well on cheap steaks....

This is what I was responding to... LOL

It probably would help to mention that last week I purchased a vacuum tumbler marinade device to help improve the tenderness of my fajitas. It turns out it also works very well on cheap steaks....
I think we have moar threads for that topic too! Lol you can really get hung up for hours posting in the food threads... they're awesome!!

Reactions: DRG
Recently I was gifted my grandpa's old custom decks of cards and one of his old poker chips. My grandparents are the reason that I love poker so much. Early in my childhood they instilled in me a love of playing card games. At all family get-togethers we would play cards for hours and hours. Kings on the corner, 500 rummy, up and down the river, golf, and many other games. The cards and poker chip just remind me of great childhood memories. View attachment 964672View attachment 964673
There is a entire section in the hot stamping book on stamping playing cards. Hahahahah
IMG_20220808_172536.jpg

This is my second favorite gifted chip.

I will not make it long, there is a thread behind the making of @Eriks custom CPCs.
It’s a Cali set he spent so many hours designing and redesigning untill it was perfect.

At a homegame at Erik’s place, I asked if he had a sample set to spare, to my disappointment he only had one set left that was his own.

*Insert sad face*

At the end of the night just as I was leaving through the door Erik tells me to hold on for a second, then he hands me a custom cut card and his last sample set.
I was so happy, big thanks @Eriks

Picture of my favorite chip of the lineup:
1A64BFDF-FED5-4240-9EAD-4692E8559516.jpeg

At the end of the night just as I was leaving through the door Erik tells me to hold on for a second, then he hands me a custom cut card and his last sample set.
I was so happy, big thanks @Eriks
Love this!^^^^^^

@Eriks is ALWAYS classy and respectful. Not a surprise at all, with respect to this gesture. I always imagined this man to be super cool, and you are lucky to get to play in his home game, but now you tell us that he is also selfless, which is just fantastic!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom