Face Masks (1 Viewer)

They are selling the P95 at the register of my local grocery store for $8 apiece.

$7-10 seems to be the retail price for masks these days. Bear in mind these probably cost about a quarter to 2 bucks each when bought in bulk from China.

FC0A4DAB-04F2-4F5D-85F5-46FA28E5EB64.jpeg

:whistle: :whistling: :cool

That is where the money could be made. In something that looks vaguely stylish. Be that "psycho killer" or "Hello Kitty", people will spend more money on those. In the meantime, it's much easier to do all shopping with curbside pick-up or just have it delivered.

I buy a lot of formal but technical clothing from this company called Ministry of Supply that was started by some MIT engineers. One of the owners even ran a marathon in a full suit to show the performance of the clothing. They even "3D print" some of their clothes. They have designed and started selling higher end technical but fashionable mask "kits" for $50 (buy 1 donate 1). Curious how much more of this type of thing we will see soon.

There was just a write up about them in Fast Company about how startups are trying to redevelop and redesign masks for the new generation.

Last edited:
I bought 100 surgical masks off of amazon back in February, but they feel cheap and fit a little loose. So I turned to Etsy, and found some local mask makers. I bought a few different ones just to see what I like. All with a filter pocket, and some with a nose wire.

For the filter I'm using cut up pieces of 3M Filtrete HVAC filters, 1900 and 2200 (I believe that translates to MERV-13 and 14 respectively.) From what I've read, these will filter out 85% of .3 microns particles. So kind of like an N85 if you will, except not as tight fitting.

I dabble in leathercraft and made this mask that has compartment for a filter. Get some looks and “thumbs up” from people when in Walmart!
Very few cases here in rural Michigan, unlike Detroit area.

View attachment 450395
View attachment 450399

Gonna work on a Plague Doctor mask next. Will have to post when I get that done.

Badass looking mask.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom