EXTRA!!! TR King style TRI-MOON edge spots now available. (1 Viewer)

I've simply never seen an actual chip punch before, so I started from cookie cutters and made some more or less wild assumptions :x
A while ago I believe you posted about some retired punch that you donated to a museum. Are there any photos of it? (Since it's on display in some museum, I guess trade secrets are no longer an issue for this one specific punch)

I've never donated any spot punches. The old TR King punches were donated somewhere, but that was years before my time, and they were not press mounted as far as I know.

Reactions: Nex
So if I read between the lines correctly, your current process is much more automated, but in earlier days things might have worked like what I envisioned. Since I'm just making cookie cutters for small-scale home use, this technological level is absolutely fine for my needs :)

So if I read between the lines correctly, your current process is much more automated, but in earlier days things might have worked like what I envisioned. Since I'm just making cookie cutters for small-scale home use, this technological level is absolutely fine for my needs :)

The clay is not really that soft, just fractionally softer than a finished chip. Industrial strength cookie cutters and a large hammer were not enough to cut them.

Maybe elephant mould?
"Hot Stamping is available on the following seven 39mm molds.
A-CREST, CIRCLE SQUARE, HORSEHEAD, JOCKEY, SCROLL, B-DIAMOND, DIECARD.
It is not available on molds not listed above including SMALL CROWN"

Ugh. I want something other than "A" for my next CPC. Maybe Jockey for these.
I had ordered some E&C's hot stamped from CPC last year, so I think that should make the list 8..

Last edited:
I've never seen the process but I would assume they are similar to steel knife molds used for die cutting. We run that at my work for cutting sheets of ABS after vacuum forming on large presses

Hears news.
flat,550x550,075,f.u3.jpg

Checks wallet.

Meme-s-Rage-Face-Meme-Decal.jpg

OH JEEZ...

I take a few days off of the site....

Is it too late to add onto a crown order for this run?

Wow, just got back from vacation and see this... amazingly great news! Thanks for this @David Spragg!

Given the success of the 3D printed solution for the CPC 3TRIM+ pattern, is it safe to assume that other versions of the HC mold are in the works now too (2HC, 4HC, 6HC)?

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.26.32.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.30.55.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.31.05.png

If there was a CPC version of the "3 Moon" edge spots, my bank account would be in severe, SEVERE danger! Favorite edge spot pattern ever....

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.27.25.png

Same goes for the V spot patterns... especially the 8V and 4V418!

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.32.56.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.33.39.png

Wow, just got back from vacation and see this... amazingly great news! Thanks for this @David Spragg!

Given the success of the 3D printed solution for the CPC 3TRIM+ pattern, is it safe to assume that other versions of the HC mold are in the works now too (2HC, 4HC, 6HC)?

View attachment 235884View attachment 235886View attachment 235887

If there was a CPC version of the "3 Moon" edge spots, my bank account would be in severe, SEVERE danger! Favorite edge spot pattern ever....

View attachment 235885

Same goes for the V spot patterns... especially the 8V and 4V418!

View attachment 235888View attachment 235889

No, not safe to assume anything. Not all patterns are punched in the same way or even on the same equipment. What works for trispots doesn't apply to other patterns. Anything with 8 spots would require 4 separate punchings and at least 2 extra re-pressings. Doubtful any chip would survive it.
814's are machine made not manually punched. The few regularly made patterns that comprise 95% of our orders are machine made also. The only patterns we offer with mixed punchings use one machine punched pattern so only involve one extra punching stage not 3.
Plus, as I already explained elsewhere, even with the potential of cheap (relatively) plastic punches, the design, development and testing still runs into $000's of factory time/disruption, so any further developments have to be slow.

No, not safe to assume anything. Not all patterns are punched in the same way or even on the same equipment. What works for trispots doesn't apply to other patterns. Anything with 8 spots would require 4 separate punchings and at least 2 extra re-pressings. Doubtful any chip would survive it.
814's are machine made not manually punched. The few regularly made patterns that comprise 95% of our orders are machine made also. The only patterns we offer with mixed punchings use one machine punched pattern so only involve one extra punching stage not 3.
Plus, as I already explained elsewhere, even with the potential of cheap (relatively) plastic punches, the design, development and testing still runs into $000's of factory time/disruption, so any further developments have to be slow.

I was just about to PM you about the possibility of 818 and 8v in the near future. Glad I came here first. Hopefully these patterns are possible soon. Would love a custom chip set with these spots.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom