EXTRA!!! TR King style TRI-MOON edge spots now available. (2 Viewers)

I never said they were impossible, just that I didn't know if assembly was feasible and strong enough.

20181222_220432.png

Spectacular news, though! :)

Looks like it’s time to place an add-on order. Thinking secondary $100. Would have been perfect for a $1 but I already did that.

@David Spragg does this mean the plastic/3D printed tooling punches you referred to a couple months ago worked out, and will this mean we can expect a couple more spot types soon? :)
tmpamold.jpeg

Possibly but it will take time. The curved shape of these was probably the easiest to do. And of course it still costs $$ so has to be done gradually.
To answer the main question I bought a 3D printer and did it all myself even though I'd been assured it wouldn't be accurate or strong enough. This says otherwise.
One of the spots is smaller than the other 2 on these samples. They were made from the first proto and I miscalculated something. That's been sorted now.

View attachment 230324

Possibly but it will take time. The curved shape of these was probably the easiest to do. And of course it still costs $$ so has to be done gradually.
To answer the main question I bought a 3D printer and did it all myself even though I'd been assured it wouldn't be accurate or strong enough. This says otherwise.
One of the spots is smaller than the other 2 on these samples. They were made from the first proto and I miscalculated something. That's been sorted now.

Were you able to make the actual punches with your 3D printer, or just the prototypes that were later made into proper punches out of metal?

Were you able to make the actual punches with your 3D printer, or just the prototypes that were later made into proper punches out of metal?

Using plastic punches right now. Metal is way too expensive. Over $3000 per punch.
Punched 1000 and there is only a fraction of wear on the plastic one.

Plastic one costs 5 bucks to print. Even if you only got 1000 out of each one doubtful you would go through more than 5 a year. That's over 100 years worth. Metal one would be worn out before that.

Wow, such a classic spot pattern especially for SCROWN. Well done!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom