Exactly What Type Of Paulsons are these? (2 Viewers)

Desmo

Sitting Out
Reaction score
A44935EA-5801-4550-82FD-489890904B2A.jpeg

Some are always going to hate.. my dream when I joined where the 05 CDI chips which are the same chip and mold as these... just a different inlay!
20200128_152943.jpg

As I just had this conversation a few short hours ago with a long time member. In my opinion these are the perfect home poker chips. The density a bit higher than normal paulsons to my untrained fingers. Bright vibrant colors are always a crowd favorite, and the perfect weight!

Yes there is the top 20% of this forum that hate these chips, Chip collectors make up about ehh say 1% of all poker players.. which computes to about 0.02% chance of running into these guys in your poker game.

I recently tried to win a single $1 05 CDI chip on eBay. I need 6 to finish a barrel. I said ok. I will splurge a bit... $4.10 for the bid plus $3.99 shipping and tax... close to $9 for a $2 chip is insane but I would live to fill that rack... in my dreams... wound up selling for $6.10 plus shipping and tax! Call them all crazy, say it's insane! We have debated this very subject many times. No matter what peoples opinions are cash talks. Something is worth exactly what someone else is willing to pay for it!

I have been refreshing the CDI serch on eBay 10 times a day for 8 months. I have grabbed a few higher denoms for $3.50 a chip... but if they are a true auction all tourney denoms. I specifically say tourney go for over $4 each, every single time. I try to keep my cost per chip around $3... yes some less some more.

Doesnt matter as I have zero intentions of selling, but the price of these chips continue to rise... like it or not.

I have said it before... and this is definitely not the last time! If we all liked the same chips, how freaking boring would this forum be?? Some like old round bike tires. Some like brand new sharp chips that will cut you! Some like oversized IHCs and some love the 36mm undersized! Some prefer Clay while others are only interested in plastic chips!

Can we all get along and hope that Mr. @AWenger saved the number of that big booty date he had from his first meet up?? Lmao

.............I have said it before... and this is definitely not the last time! If we all liked the same chips, how freaking boring would this forum be?? Some like old round bike tires. Some like brand new sharp chips that will cut you! Some like oversized IHCs and some love the 36mm undersized! Some prefer Clay while others are only interested in plastic chips!

....it would be a bloodbath.

The inlay makes all the difference.
I definitely agree Wedge but doesn't make them awful chips. I think they are great other than those red inlays that make it hard to read the denom, and personally would have rather seen Paulson use the Blue $10 chip as a 5k on the high end or a frac like they used it for with the Pharoah's. Missed the mark in that one a bit, but otherwise a nice product line.

The inlay makes all the difference.
Even the CdIC inlays are flawed, with the denom placement directly over the artwork image -- just a bad jumbled design all-around. The Classics inlay are much worse, being color-matched to spot colors (which rarely works well, and is absolutely horrific on some of these examples). Both sets could have been worlds better but ended up being major fails.

The Pharaoh's Club chips are the only decent inlay image available on the PAULSON CHIPS mold, because they were developed by a real chip designer. Thank you, John @Johnny5.

Some are always going to hate.. my dream when I joined where the 05 CDI chips which are the same chip and mold as these... just a different inlay!
View attachment 491789
As I just had this conversation a few short hours ago with a long time member. In my opinion these are the perfect home poker chips. The density a bit higher than normal paulsons to my untrained fingers. Bright vibrant colors are always a crowd favorite, and the perfect weight!

Yes there is the top 20% of this forum that hate these chips, Chip collectors make up about ehh say 1% of all poker players.. which computes to about 0.02% chance of running into these guys in your poker game.

I recently tried to win a single $1 05 CDI chip on eBay. I need 6 to finish a barrel. I said ok. I will splurge a bit... $4.10 for the bid plus $3.99 shipping and tax... close to $9 for a $2 chip is insane but I would live to fill that rack... in my dreams... wound up selling for $6.10 plus shipping and tax! Call them all crazy, say it's insane! We have debated this very subject many times. No matter what peoples opinions are cash talks. Something is worth exactly what someone else is willing to pay for it!

I have been refreshing the CDI serch on eBay 10 times a day for 8 months. I have grabbed a few higher denoms for $3.50 a chip... but if they are a true auction all tourney denoms. I specifically say tourney go for over $4 each, every single time. I try to keep my cost per chip around $3... yes some less some more.

Doesnt matter as I have zero intentions of selling, but the price of these chips continue to rise... like it or not.

I have said it before... and this is definitely not the last time! If we all liked the same chips, how freaking boring would this forum be?? Some like old round bike tires. Some like brand new sharp chips that will cut you! Some like oversized IHCs and some love the 36mm undersized! Some prefer Clay while others are only interested in plastic chips!

Can we all get along and hope that Mr. @AWenger saved the number of that big booty date he had from his first meet up?? Lmao
Here’s a sort of backhanded compliment for you. The minute before I got involved with PCF, I was sure those Paulson Classics were the ultimate chip - the grail of grails. As I learned about chips, my taste quickly changed. But I guess the point is, to the 95% of the population that is chip ignorant, these chips are the shit. And if you’re keeping 95% of your guests happy, you’re doing good.

Just more of that hipster shit that I don’t understand, I’m sure.
I just smile and nod.
Spose I'm outta touch. Maybe as an aging dad I shouldn't get all my info from already aged dads on a poker site :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I didn't make the meme so I don't really know lol
Hmmm either they didn't pass third grade spelling, or its the 2020 version of THOT, in which case, color me interested.

View attachment 491789

Might as well buy a barrel at apache ;)

Might as well buy a barrel at apache ;)
That is very true, but then it's not good for OCD people... then yes I would fill that barrel but again have 14, ok the barrel I needed is full but now I have to fi non ish the bastard barrel. Just how my mind works... of course I could sell the 14 and solve that issue. Also I am not a huge fan of finishing chipping projects. I truly enjoy the hunt!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom