Ebay just auto paid a transaction for me WTF (1 Viewer)

ovo

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So last night I saw a buy it now for some chips, but taking offers, so I put in an offer last night and I got up this morning to find the offer accepted and paid for !!!!! I thought my account was hacked. I have paypal linked to my eBay account. I'm trying to find info about this new proceedure. Anyone have any insight ? frank

Yeah few months ago but it now/make an offer you provide payment options if they accept

It's pretty insane but yep they require you to have an automatic payment method when making an offer. Happened to me too. I link only my PayPal account to eBay and use only my balance and no cards. Too afraid of being hacked

Hi guys,

So last night I saw a buy it now for some chips, but taking offers, so I put in an offer last night and I got up this morning to find the offer accepted and paid for !!!!! I thought my account was hacked. I have paypal linked to my eBay account. I'm trying to find info about this new proceedure. Anyone have any insight ? frank

And that’s how I ended up with a deckmate. Lol

Son bought a three month Xbox Core card that had a code.

In order the redeem the code that he already bought, Xbox made him subscribe to recurring payments of $29.99 every quarter.

He did, then just canceled the recurring payments, so it's all good, but to force someone to subscribe so he can redeem a code he's already purchased? That's nuts.

Hi guys,

Paypal is excellent with fraud. 2yrs ago one of my credit cards was harvested somewhere,
The result was over $17,000 in charges on mostly eBay for amts $1-$30 or so. While Visa was happy to stuff me, PayPal reversed all charges as obvious fraud.

They’re rolling out immediate payment in tranches I guess. Happened to a lot of accounts about 6 months ago. For now I think it’s just BIN and BO but it could hit auctions as well eventually. It’s great for sellers on just about everything but items like chips where buying multiple listings from the same seller is common. Hopefully they find a work around but probably not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom