Dragon's Poker Room - Initial Mockup (1 Viewer)

The 1000 chip kinda reminds me of this.
b3dd68f7fa9b25a515d50837ef950e7db232f868b417bf34790c78ffa391af5b.jpg

OK... this is the last one (until the next time).

I eliminated the 1000 because it'll never be used in the cash games and hits the table way too infrequently in our 16-player hold em sessions.

Regarding the 25; I just wasn't comfortable with any of the CPC greens as the base chip color. The bulk of the spot combos with any green base just turned me off. Thus, I tried a white chip with a green focus for the spots so am very happy with this filling the 25 slot.

Conglom5.png

Last edited:
And now we're nearly there.

What do you all think?

DPR_Final.png

Many thanks to @p5woody for the inlay work.

Initially I had decided on a 7/8 inlay but I think the 1-inch will look a little better.

I'll likely be sending this off to CPC in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Wow! I think they turned out spectacular, especially when you look at the beginning of this thread. Great color palette and spot progression, the chips will be easy to tell from each other. Congrats!

Dragon graphic is looking awesome, very bold. The title font is also very bold which I like. Fonts convey meaning and association for sure, so a good choice.

My humble suggestion for improvement would be to make the 25 and 50 pop more by changing the grey and brown spot colours.

The red 5 is dramatic and the midnight black 100 is stellar. Well done, thanks for sharing! :)

In for samples! :)

Last edited:
Dragon graphic is looking awesome, very bold. The title font is also very bold which I like. Fonts convey meaning and association for sure, so a good choice.

My humble suggestion for improvement would be to make the 25 and 50 pop more by changing the grey and brown spot colours.

The red 5 is dramatic and the midnight black 100 is stellar. Well done, thanks for sharing! :)

Thanks for your input.

Yah, I was on the fence with the spots on the 25. I'm liking these a bit better. Sort of reminds me of "mint chocolate chip"... RIDICULOUSLY BAD PUN!!

DPR_Final.png

In for samples! :)

I guess I need to think about a samples thread. ;)

Last edited:
What about Tiger as your hundo spot. It’s bright and in your face, but goes so well with black, and with DG Peacock

Ok... with the CPC order placed (and "hurry up and wait mode" enabled) I played around with what I'll ultimately add on to finish the set some time around July or August: 1's.

IMG_1881.PNG

For this chip I wanted to not re-use colors and keep the edge spots in sets of three/six like it's bigger brothers in the pic a few posts up.

I don't mind this being the only chip out of them all that isn't symmetrical on its spot colors. It won't be on the table as a regular chip. Instead it's job is to keep score in certain points games like Legs.

I can stop any time I want! ;)

CPC_1_conglom.png

Not quite satisfied with my initial design (top far left), so I played around with others.

I know that some of these reuse colors that are already in the main set but.... whatever.

Top mid right with the blue/violet spots is my current favorite but I'm still not sure.

Bottom right 1 for me (obviously not a huge fan of asymmetrically alternating edge colors - but that's me).
Don't distance yourself too much from the version shown in post #37.
Btw, your Retro Red / Maroon 5 is fantastic.

Thank you. That might be my very favorite chip of the set too. Going to be hard waiting until June for them.
Congratulations Dragon!
Hopefully I 'lm going to pull the trigger next. Have been sweetly torturing myself with edge colors, denoms and breakdown for too long!:)

Might want t put these On the circle square mold. Shape looks like dragon scales.

Interesting idea, but I'm probably going to stick with the A Mold so that the 1s match their bigger brothers (which are already ordered). :D

Congratulations Dragon!
Hopefully I 'lm going to pull the trigger next. Have been sweetly torturing myself with edge colors, denoms and breakdown for too long!:)

I know your plight. ;)

Going through all those colors and spot combos to get just the right look and synergy is the true challenge; but certainly a fun and satisfying one. Even now I look at what I've decided on and think about tweaks but obviously can't/won't act on them.

Interesting idea, but I'm probably going to stick with the A Mold so that the 1s match their bigger brothers (which are already ordered). :D

No prob, overflow of Ideas never hurt. Good luck and can’t wait to see the final products as a group!

Looks like I'll have the funds to order the 1's right about the time the main order for the other 6 chips arrives around June..... so... more mockups!

CPC_1_full.png

I actually had made about 30-40 mockups of this chip and went thru each page on the design tool, taking only the top few designs from each (I know... I have a problem). The above are my favorites out of all I made.

Initially, my mindset was to avoid any colors I'd already used on the other denoms on the first order; however, my mindset changed to one reminiscent of " **** it ". Thus, I loosened up that restriction in the interest of cool looking chips. I like the light chocolate base color for the chip a lot. I reminds me of the Orleans $1 which is close to that color.

Regarding the latter six; I just REALLY like the XD14 edge spots. I know there are a lot of varying and cool edge spot patterns out there but it's just that those two spots of that size and directly adjacent sort of screams "traditional" at me for some reason.

In the designer the default spots position on the chip for 2D14 is 90° and 270°. I didn't really like that, nor did I like 0°/180°. When I changed it to the angle shown above they just clicked for me. I'm thus leaning toward that rather than the 314 chips in the first six.

The four on the bottom row are pulling on me the hardest right now. Also, I sort of yearn for the red, white, and blue chip on the top row. Regardless... I have a few months to decide. ;)

Opinions?

And... I reduce the above down to these two finalists.

Alt_1a.png

Normally I'm not one for asymmetrical spots; however, I think I actually prefer it for this chip.

K.... I'll definitely be doing an add-on for 1's.

Alt_1b.png

These are my top candidates for now.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom