Doomed. (1 Viewer)

IMG_2597.PNG

The table, which I ordered Saturday, which was shipped just this afternoon, is somehow scheduled for delivery... TOMORROW (we'll technically today, cause I spent all night oiling and it's now today). Whoa. Skills chanman, serious skills. (...and DHL).

And yea, meant to just do 200... ended up doing 420 (wish I would have done "420" first).

Used the compression method outlined in that really long compression method post. Chips are air drying now.

IMG_2607.JPG

IMG_2608.JPG

Welcome! Thanks for splitting that set with me ;) Getting them into play this weekend too!

Sick Chanman Table - I haven't pulled the trigger just yet, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Welcome! Thanks for splitting that set with me ;) Getting them into play this weekend too!

Sick Chanman Table - I haven't pulled the trigger just yet, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

No, thank you! I believe you initiated the split, right? Do you plan any late night chip rubdowns like mine? @Pokerdweebz said he lightly oiled the edges is all, after cleaning; however, I found more than half of the 100's faces to be quite powdery looking still, so I got to work. I did all but the 1000's last night, and my fingers feel like they got shut in a door. (n) :thumbsdown:

I'm gonna have to at least get a heads-up game this weekend, get a feel for pitching cards on the new table, and play with all my new toys! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::LOL: :laugh:

No, thank you! I believe you initiated the split, right? Do you plan any late night chip rubdowns like mine? @Pokerdweebz said he lightly oiled the edges is all, after cleaning; however, I found more than half of the 100's faces to be quite powdery looking still, so I got to work. I did all but the 1000's last night, and my fingers feel like they got shut in a door. (n) :thumbsdown:

I'm gonna have to at least get a heads-up game this weekend, get a feel for pitching cards on the new table, and play with all my new toys! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::LOL: :laugh:

I likely will oil them up, but I'm not sure if I'll have time to do it before my game this weekend. Most of mine I thought looked pretty good, some of the 500s were still a bit dry looking. I also planned to use the compression technique, so I'm sure my fingers will be feeling it too!

The table, which I ordered Saturday, which was shipped just this afternoon, is somehow scheduled for delivery... TOMORROW (we'll technically today, cause I spent all night oiling and it's now today). Whoa. Skills chanman, serious skills. (...and DHL).

And yea, meant to just do 200... ended up doing 420 (wish I would have done "420" first).

Used the compression method outlined in that really long compression method post. Chips are air drying now.

View attachment 118407

View attachment 118408

Not sure why you bothered. You seem to be on a collision course with a big fat expensive Paulson set in 5 . . 4 . . 3 . . 2 . .1

@chubbyone oiled my 100s last night, probably going to tackle the 500s and maybe the 5ks this evening :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• IMG_20170830_235024.jpg
    IMG_20170830_235024.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 113
Set up a table in the master bathroom to try to keep little fingers from exploring my freshly oiled chips... Thankfully my wife is gracious!

@chubbyone oiled my 100s last night, probably going to tackle the 500s and maybe the 5ks this evening :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Nice! I'm leaving the 1000's as is, they seem least likely to really shine up, and the residual oil from the chips after drying will transfer around during the first few games I figure.

I kinda prefer the "clean matte" look vs. the shiny look too.

Set up a table in the master bathroom to try to keep little fingers from exploring my freshly oiled chips... Thankfully my wife is gracious!

Hahaha! I had to get all mine wiped clean last night and put away before my little one could get at them too!

Yeah I think the black and purple chips show the dryness the most.. The yellows aren't too dry looking.

I ordered another 2 racks of 25s as suggested in that other thread. Probably going to have to both clean and oil those ones so I'll likely also skip the 1000s :p

IMG_2626.JPG

Sorry my stacks are sloppy, I'm a noob remember? Just wanted to splash some color on the table to see how they looked.

Also, I now completely get the "air hockey" analogy someone made in another thread about pitching copags across this SSC. Insane.

Playing a buddy heads up Sunday, soonest I can get a game. Tourney on 9/9. Now... how to not look like a complete fool playing? Wasted a lot of time reading gear threads instead of honing my rusty strategy from 2004.

That's a great space to play poker!! Make sure to take pics once you get a game going,

Will do! Heads up tonight hopefully, tourney next weekend.

For the tourney I'll likely slide the old couches around for a little more breathing room. Gotta play Tetris and see how it all fits again.

It appears that your case is pretty severe. Stay strong.
If you want I can forward you some information about a support group?

I'm just kidding. You are doomed.

I thought this was the support group F#$%

Welcome ahoard! (oops typo)

Jeff

THATS what I'm talking about! Gassers for $4? Wow! How come we haven't heard about this until now? Share the details!

Haha. I posted the details on the chair thread! They are "Classico" but yea seem very similar to the gassers. The lady had them sitting under a party tent outside for a month :/ but when I shampooed them last night, surprisingly only one dirtied up the water much. My wife will have to give them the sniff test today, my sniffer doesn't work so well, but initial impressions are a huge win!

Mocked up the table. Cause you know why! It's an addiction.

View attachment 119197

View attachment 119198

Gonna lose the fake tree and replace with a small fridge. Also...I'm thinking I have a reason to finally upgrade the 40" LCD TV from 2006.
Great looking setup. Personally, I'd move those chairs around a bit so that they are between the cup-holders, not centered at each one. I absolutely hate playing over a bottle or cup.

You will get more usable legroom on the ends, and it also puts two chairs in the center-table dealer positions (important if using a dedicated dealer).

Great looking setup. Personally, I'd move those chairs around a bit so that they are between the cup-holders, not centered at each one. I absolutely hate playing over a bottle or cup.

You will get more usable legroom on the ends, and it also puts two chairs in the center-table dealer positions (important if using a dedicated dealer).

Thanks!

And that's a great tip, as per usual.

So much fun to see others slide down this slippery slope!!! (not so much a slope as it is a swan dive off a steep cliff!). Ah! Memories!

Welcome!

You've def set the bar high when it comes to over-the-top awesome setups. :)

It's been a while since you've given us a photo tour... hint hint.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom