Do you vape? (Vaping, eliquid, gear, discussion) (2 Viewers)

buffalojim

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I smoked cigarettes from 12-32, so 20 years. Used vaping to get off cigs, quit the day I received my first package. That was a Provari and carto tanks. I bought juice for about 8 years and started making my own about 2 years ago. I've made my own coils the entire time so I'm completely self sufficient for the time being.

I got my mother, girlfriend, and other family members off of cigarettes onto a way less harmful alternative. Probably has saved my mother's life. The government wants to take that away from us.

The industry is in danger, lots of lies, it's very political, people are just misinformed.

I'd be happy to hear vaping stories, show off your gear, whatever. Do you make your own liquid? Do you want to know how? If you can get your hands on nicotine it's dead simple.

Last edited:
My story is a lot like yours. Started smoking when I was a teenager, struggled to quit in my early 30s, discovered vaping, and use it to gradually scale the nicotine content down to 0%.

It's so much less bad and easier to control than smoking cigarettes. It's not an accident that they're sold in packs of 20 sticks that are way more tobacco than you need to sate a nicotine craving. The tobacco industry knows it's addicting people on purpose.

And the government coming after vaping is just more of the same. They're doing what cronies do. I'd bet anything that tobacco industry reps have specifically sought anti-vaping measures, especially the blanket ban on flavors other than—wait for it—the exact two flavors the tobacco industry sells tobacco in.

Maybe the vaping industry should bribe a senator or twelve.

My story is a lot like yours. Started smoking when I was a teenager, struggled to quit in my early 30s, discovered vaping, and use it to gradually scale the nicotine content down to 0%.

It's so much less bad and easier to control than smoking cigarettes. It's not an accident that they're sold in packs of 20 sticks that are way more tobacco than you need to sate a nicotine craving. The tobacco industry knows it's addicting people on purpose.

And the government coming after vaping is just more of the same. They're doing what cronies do. I'd bet anything that tobacco industry reps have specifically sought anti-vaping measures, especially the blanket ban on flavors other than—wait for it—the exact two flavors the tobacco industry sells tobacco in.

Maybe the vaping industry should bribe a senator or twelve.
Ok, so you get it, that's refreshing :D

Last edited:
May I make a suggestion? :unsure: ;) :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
3F9DFC05-CEA8-4AA2-AE0A-5E98A455E4AB.jpeg
F694F136-74D9-4B3E-9BDD-A226CA97EA93.jpeg

Without trying to get political, it looks like the stayed ruling applies only to Juul because they provided conflicting/insufficient safety data to the FDA. It doesn't look like there's any current intent to target any other manufacturers, and I hope that remains the case.

I don't vape, but I believe it to be a significantly less harmful alternative to smoking, and I think any kind of blanket ban would be asinine.

While Juul is the biggest target for various reasons, the damage to a lot of smaller companies and vape shops has already been done, sadly.

Do you even get nicotine from cigars? I swear I'll never understand cigars - smoking without inhaling seems like chewing without swallowing.
Plenty of nicotine in cigars if you inhale. Cigar smoking is more about “satisfaction” to me. No I don’t inhale but man it’s just a great feeling to compliment a bourbon with, enjoy after a great meal or just take an hour to say fuck it. ;)

One day we’ll meet at a meet up and @Irish and I will introduce you to your future found love. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Stogies for the win!

Heated tobacco bars are also an excellent solution for smokers - and probably safer than liquids.
It's just like a cigarette, only it's not burned, but rather heated / grilled in a special pipe.
You get only 5% of the tar of a cigarette- nicotine is the same, though.
No burnt paper or tobacco, no fire, no smoke, no ash. The smell (equivalent to that of grilled food) is beautiful in relation to the stench of burnt cigarettes, and it doesn't sink into furniture, curtains, clothes, hair etc - and it takes only 30 seconds of an open window to get rid of it.

It's ridiculous that vaping and heating are not allowed in adult (i.e. bars, pubs) entertainment venues.

Heated tobacco bars are also an excellent solution for smokers - and probably safer than liquids.
It's just like a cigarette, only it's not burned, but rather heated / grilled in a special pipe.
You get only 5% of the tar of a cigarette- nicotine is the same, though.
No burnt paper or tobacco, no fire, no smoke, no ash. The smell (equivalent to that of grilled food) is beautiful in relation to the stench of burnt cigarettes, and it doesn't sink into furniture, curtains, clothes, hair etc - and it takes only 30 seconds of an open window to get rid of it.

It's ridiculous that vaping and heating are not allowed in adult (i.e. bars, pubs) entertainment venues.
Can't say I'm familiar with this product but I'm not familiar with most products as I've never needed to use them. The beauty of vaping is there is NO tar or carcinogens that normally are associated with combustible tobacco.

So I see these scare advertisements and posts on FB I’m convinced are paid influencers saying oh I Vaped and now I have like some obscure lung disease.
From what?

If you are vaping on a tank with pure liquid it’s literally the same as the stuff that suspends a inhaler and turns to a non harmful vapor?

I don’t believe that BS
Only thing possibly harmful is the nicotine

They attacked vaping a while ago banning something sold somehow like eBay or idk but sounds like they need to take down more ??

Plus this is the fda move who’s clueless pumping money to farma to vaxx your newborn at birth who’s zero Covid risk
Yah I really believe their concern

They were obviously lobbied by lobbied paid off senators
If they are so concerned for My health and need mandates to fly why can you buy cigerrates at all???
Yah they care.

I don’t smoke or vape but it’s all BS

Ban menthol?
That’s not gonna make the largest group buying that very happy and will just make another black market

The fda hinders more health care slow walking treatments or blocking terminal patients from trials

Total joke show but they still employ Fauxi the clown in charge of the show so yah

I smoked off an on for a few years (being bored on deployments doesn’t help) and then moved on to vaping because while the initial investment was expensive it’s cheaper in the long run. You don’t smell like smoke and you don’t create smelly smoke. But I did find myself vaping more because I could vape in my house, hotel room, at work. If it was super hot out or raining I would be discouraged from going out for a cigarette. Eventually I went down to 0% nicotine and quit.

So I see these scare advertisements and posts on FB I’m convinced are paid influencers saying oh I Vaped and now I have like some obscure lung disease.
From what?

If you are vaping on a tank with pure liquid it’s literally the same as the stuff that suspends a inhaler and turns to a non harmful vapor?

I don’t believe that BS
Only thing possibly harmful is the nicotine

They attacked vaping a while ago banning something sold somehow like eBay or idk but sounds like they need to take down more ??

Plus this is the fda move who’s clueless pumping money to farma to vaxx your newborn at birth who’s zero Covid risk
Yah I really believe their concern

They were obviously lobbied by lobbied paid off senators
If they are so concerned for My health and need mandates to fly why can you buy cigerrates at all???
Yah they care.

I don’t smoke or vape but it’s all BS

Ban menthol?
That’s not gonna make the largest group buying that very happy and will just make another black market

The fda hinders more health care slow walking treatments or blocking terminal patients from trials

Total joke show but they still employ Fauxi the clown in charge of the show so yah
Ok, so there is a lot to all of this, but follow the money and you'll see Bloomberg will be behind 95% of any anti-vaping campaigns.

Anyway, the sad part is vaping as a general term used to mean e-cigs people used for tobacco harm reduction. The whole EVALI issue became a thing because a small group, literally less than 50 people, got sick and some died because of "vaping". But not nicotine vaping, people who bought black market THC cartridges containing vitamin B acetate, which is an oil. Vaping oil is stupid. The ecig vaping industry got lumped in with that case and villified. Of course the news ran with it and hammered the word vaping constantly. They don't know the difference, the general public doesn't know the difference. They just see vaping and think oh, people died. Of course after real research was done, they found the cause was black market THC cartridges. Never saw the news talking about that or retract it's bashing of e-cigs.

Last edited:
Ok, so there is a lot to all of this, but follow the money and you'll see Bloomberg will be behind 95% of any anti-vaping campaigns.

Anyway, the sad part is vaping as a general term used to mean e-cigs people used for nicotine harm reduction. The whole EVALI issue became a thing because a small group, literally less than 50 people, got sick and some died because of "vaping". But not nicotine vaping, people who bought black market THC cartridges containing vitamin B acetate, which is an oil. Vaping oil is stupid. The ecig vaping industry got lumped in with that case and villified. Of course the news ran with it and hammered the word vaping constantly. They don't know the difference, the general public doesn't know the difference. They just see vaping and think oh, people died. Of course after real research was done, they found the cause was black market THC cartridges. Never saw the news talking about that or retract it's bashing of e-cigs.
Sounds like the ban on bases because they explode
Well if you buy hankey batteries that don’t charge right and aren’t rated for rapid discharge and you’re dumb yah you could probably find a way to make anything explode if you are not that bright

I have a tiny mod collection
Used to have a mega huge Megatron one that was insane wattage
Should have kept one but traded it for an expensive air rifle

Yeah, if you're a coil maker like me and not using a regulated device and a using a mech mod, things can go sideways if you don't know what you're doing. I think that kind of vaping falls into the hobbyist side.

I used to vape a mech mod but regulated vaping is much better, and safer IMO.

Yah if you learned once from anyone knowing what they are doing they are simple

Basic volts watts and ohms

My tanks I always got premade coils

And always bought quality Sony batteries and a quality charger

It’s not hard if you take a day or two to learn if you wana go wild making your own stuff

Yah if you learned once from anyone knowing what they are doing they are simple

Basic volts watts and ohms

My tanks I always got premade coils

And always bought quality Sony batteries and a quality charger

It’s not hard if you take a day or two to learn if you wana go wild making your own stuff
Uh huh, learning is key, unfortunately no everybody is as interested. I immersed myself in the hobby because I hate wasting money buying shit that sucks. My mother and girlfriend want nothing to do with learning. They just wanna pickup and vape, which is fine.

Uh huh, learning is key, unfortunately no everybody is as interested. I immersed myself in the hobby because I hate wasting money buying shit that sucks. My mother and girlfriend want nothing to do with learning. They just wanna pickup and vape, which is fine.
Yah small pre-made coils like the many I saw way back were super easy and high quality and easy
And they kept coming out with better tanks if you wanted volume

I’d never make my own coils I just wana twist and go

Yah small pre-made coils like the many I saw way back were super easy and high quality and easy
And they kept coming out with better tanks if you wanted volume

I’d never make my own coils I just wana twist and go
Yeah, and that's cool too. I always got better flavor and vapor production making my own stuff, plus I'm a nerd like that. I can taylor make my own juice now too, which is a tremendous money saver.

My grandparents smoked, my grandmother would take off her oxygen to smoke, my parents smoked, I can't stand it; I've bought really nice equipment / juice for my parents, and they smile, and nod and I think it ends up in the trash lol.

Making your own juice sounds crazy, why did you start doing that, how do you make it?

My grandparents smoked, my grandmother would take off her oxygen to smoke, my parents smoked, I can't stand it; I've bought really nice equipment / juice for my parents, and they smile, and nod and I think it ends up in the trash lol.

Making your own juice sounds crazy, why did you start doing that, how do you make it?
I mainly started because I could see the writing on the wall several years ago. If we wanted to vape the we want, we'll have to do it ourselves. That, and all the online eliquid vendors went out of business because the vaping mail ban, and other reasons.

Making your own juice is easy and I can make it the way I want, thicker, thinner, the exact amount of nicotine I want, and it's cheap. Did I mention it's dead simple? Creating good recipes is the tough part. You just buy your flavorings from a place like Bull City Flavors. All flavourings are already suspended in PG as PG carries flavor better and keeps longer.

There are literally like 4 ingredients in eliquid.
PG (propylene glycol), VG (vegetable glycerin), nicotine (suspended in PG or VG) and flavorings.

Find a desired recipe, mix it up, and you're good.

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/

If the goal is for smoking cessation, then even vaping should be considered a temporary solution, and there should be a plan to wean off entirely. I think a reasonable stepwise approach is to transition from vaping to transdermal or gum-based nicotine replacement.

I think prescription bupropion/varenicline plus nicotine replacement remains the highest success rate for being nicotine-free at 1 year post-intervention.

If the goal is for smoking cessation, then even vaping should be considered a temporary solution, and there should be a plan to wean off entirely. I think a reasonable stepwise approach is to transition from vaping to transdermal or gum-based nicotine replacement.

I think prescription bupropion/varenicline plus nicotine replacement remains the highest success rate for being nicotine-free at 1 year post-intervention.
Yeah, it depends what your goals are. My goal was not to quit nicotine but to quit cigarettes. With that in mind, vaping was a complete success. I enjoy vaping so quitting is not something I'm looking at right now.

I know plenty of people who vaped to get off cigarettes and then just quit vaping and said it was a lot easier then just quitting smoking. Everybody is a little different and we should be allowed to use what we want, including enjoying FLAVORED products.

Smoked for 48 years (age 15), started vaping 7-8 years ago and have been totally cig-free for almost 4 years. Pre-vape, I never made it longer than 6 months (several times, various methods).

Don't miss cigs at all, my health is much much better, and have steadily been dropping the vape nic count towards zero (better flavor and less cravings).

I mix my own juice, but used regulated mods and pre-built coils. The politics surrounding it all is insane. Stay out of my personal life.

Smoked for 48 years (age 15), started vaping 7-8 years ago and have been totally cig-free for almost 4 years. Pre-vape, I never made it longer than 6 months (several times, various methods).

Don't miss cigs at all, my health is much much better, and have steadily been dropping the vape nic count towards zero (better flavor and less cravings).

I mix my own juice, but used regulated mods and pre-built coils. The politics surrounding it all is insane. Stay out of my personal life.
Yasssssss! Thanks for the story!

Not sure what number you're coming from or what number you're at, but if you're like me, you'll feel a huge difference when you finally take the plunge to 0.0%.

When I got there, I outright stopped giving a shit about the vape. Couldn't even motivate myself to use it. No drug = why am I sucking on this stupid little thing anyway? Kept carrying it around for a couple weeks but not really using it, and eventually it landed on a shelf and was never a real boy again.

It felt like freedom, finally.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom