Do you ever feel bad enforcing your rules? (1 Viewer)

Rounding is much, much better than racing.
I completely disagree. Rounding may be faster, but less than a minute's worth. It's just lazy. Players that hang at the table during color-up get a little extra gambol as well. Chip racing is TDA procedure (see Rule #24a). It's playing for every chip.

#EveryChipMatters

If after the race, a player still has chips of a removed denomination, they will be exchanged for current denominations only at equal value. Chips of removed denominations that do not fully total at least the smallest denomination still in play will be removed without compensation.

This answers my question. :).

I don't always like enforcing a rule as yes sometimes it creates some angst. But here is what creates a hell of a lot more angst. NOT enforcing a rule and here's why. Ok so some minor rule infringement occurs and the host (TD) lets it slide. Then some other rule infringement occurs and the host views this one as more egregious and decides to enforce it. So Freddy now is pissed because you enforced some rule against him but chose not to enforce Joe's mistake earlier. Freddy has every right to be pissed and he may in fact view his mistake as no more or even less of a mistake than Joe's.

That doesn't mean you can't determine that for your game and players that some rule should be changed or eliminated. Great do that. BUT when you have a rule and the players all know it just enforce it. You and your game will be better off for it.

bluff.png

;)

In my local game i run i ask players to place their chips in piles of 10 ie stacks of 10 of each value i then chip up accordingly dont get me wrong there is the odd occassion when there are piles of 12 etc but i dont enforce any penaltys but we tend to run a fairly relaxed tourney but i get where you're coming from it can be a bit of a pita when dealing with dirty stacks etc

Regarding the subject line question. I think there is a difference between feeling bad that I enforced the rules and sympathizing (or empathizing) with a player who had a negative outcome because I enforced the rules.

I never feel bad about enforcing the rules. My obligation is to make sure the game is fair and transparent and enforcing the rules to the best of my ability is the best way I know to do that.

I occasionally sympathize with a player that the enforcement of rules has a negative impact on him/her, but I still don’t feel bad about enforcing the rule since it would not be fair to everybody else not to do so.

Now, I agree with a lot of people here that I’m certainly not a fan of the rule you were enforcing and I think there are better ways to accomplish what you want, but as long as all were made aware of the rule, it’s fair.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom