Do gear labels fade? (1 Viewer)

Ghostpoker

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I am currently putting a set together, and I was wondering if your labels have ever gotten discolorod or otherwise faded in any way?

Thanks for sharing. Any idea what the liquid is in the second video or why someone wouldn’t use heat to loosen the adhesive?
I didn’t watch the video but usually it’s non-acetone nail polish remover or high-percentage isopropyl alcohol.

Heat risks warping clay chips.

Ceramics chip might be fine, but I wouldn’t use a hair dryer on China clay or real clay chips.

I’ve had clay chips warp from using out-of-the-tap hot water to clean them. So I always use lukewarm water if I have to wash chips.

Here’s an old photo where someone used a pair of pliers to hold a chip over steam. Note the mark in the 8 o’clock position:
IMG_4812.jpeg

And if you ever come across a hotstamped chip with a strange square flattened shape, that’s from the hotstamp die block that was either too close to the chip or too hot….and started to melt the surface:
IMG_1947.jpeg

Even low heat can damage clays.

Last edited:
Here’s an old photo where someone used a pair of pliers to hold a chip over steam. Note the mark in the 8 o’clock position:
View attachment 1169994

And if you ever come across a hotstamped chip with a strange square flattened shape, that’s from the hotstamp die block that was either too close to the chip or too hot….and started to melt the surface:
View attachment 1169997
Even low heat can damage clays.
Wow that's crazy how easily they soften.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom