Diving right in, complete noob. (1 Viewer)

bhenny

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’m new to the community here, came across this forum while on browsing on Reddit. There is so much to go through here in these forums and at first glance this is really overwhelming. I had no idea there was so much information about poker chips.
I’m 39 years old from central Illinois. I’ve been playing poker for about 20 years on and off, basically recreationally.
My buddies and I have recently been talking about starting up some games and getting something going regularly. Doing a renovation at the house and making a bar/poker room to get some house games going. As I get older it’s tougher to get the boys together at the same time and we all love playing cards so it’s necessary (for my sake) that we have good chips that will last! We’ve been playing so long with box store chips it’s time for an upgrade. We are definitely still still on what we are thinking of getting but we aren’t ready to break the bank yet. We have been looking at Claysmith “The Mint”, Outlaws, and Monaco’s as starting point for us until we for sure want to move up.
I can’t wait to do some more research and be apart of the community!

Welcome!

Check out our New Members Start here link in my signature.

Welcome! Read the above mentioned link from DeusEx, or is very informative, and the search bar does with great here. I'm back after a long layoff, and, a lot had changed in the chip world. I bought a sleeve of claysmith off Amazon to check out before making a purchase, you know, they looked good on the internet, but, when they arrived they were quickly ruled out as an option. They are some other options that may work for you that won't break the bank, but, use the mentioned tools to start your research.

Once you've done that you'll have more questions, and, folks here are great about offering answers and options.

Good luck!

Welcome to the community. Lots of info and helpful folks here to get you started the correct direction on your chipping journey. And as always, get samples before buying anything you are not familiar with.

Welcome! Read the above mentioned link from DeusEx, or is very informative, and the search bar does with great here. I'm back after a long layoff, and, a lot had changed in the chip world. I bought a sleeve of claysmith off Amazon to check out before making a purchase, you know, they looked good on the internet, but, when they arrived they were quickly ruled out as an option. They are some other options that may work for you that won't break the bank, but, use the mentioned tools to start your research.

Once you've done that you'll have more questions, and, folks here are great about offering answers and options.

Good luck!
Thanks for the welcome! I can say the one thing I definitely notice more than anything is to get samples every time before you make a purchase!

Hello and welcome! My first upgrade was to Claysmith's mints. They served me well and my group thought they were a huge upgrade from dice chips when I got them. I would echo samples, but ultimately get what you like for your game and your budget.
-Kyle

Hello and welcome! My first upgrade was to Claysmith's mints. They served me well and my group thought they were a huge upgrade from dice chips when I got them. I would echo samples, but ultimately get what you like for your game and your budget.
-Kyle
Thanks Kyle I appreciate the advice. I find that usually works best for me. I think I’m definitely leaning towards just picking the mints up just to get started.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom