oil
1 onion chopped
2 Jalapeno's
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup of Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 of cup of ketchup
1/2 cup of honey
1 TBP of mustard

Put the oil, onions, jalapenos, garlic in the pan first, then add the rest of the shit. Simmer until the berries start to pop, or least get soft. I usually go about 30-40 minutes stirring frequently.

Let it cool, blend the shit out of it.

My buddy strains it afterwards. I don't, and don't recommend it.

Chicken:

I cover the outside of the chicken in a little bit of oil. I add a light dry rub (salt and pepper works). Let it sit out for 20 minutes or so before throwing on the grill.

I use a charcoal grill. Half is hot, half is medium heat. I cook the chicken on the hot side for 10 minutes on each side. Move to the med heat side, baste, and cook until done (usually about 90 minutes or so). I baste it several times.

We use this sauce for Chicken, pulled pork, pork chops, ribs. If I have extra I'll even put it on my sammies.

You must make the sauce a day or two before actually using it. Its a ton better. The flavor changes dramatically from day 1 to day 2.

No pictures. But tonight we had fresh crumbed fish, salad and chips(fries). Garfish and King George Whiting, so yum.

Yes sir

2 pints of blueberry's
oil
1 onion chopped
2 Jalapeno's
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup of Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 of cup of ketchup
1/2 cup of honey
1 TBP of mustard

Put the oil, onions, jalapenos, garlic in the pan first, then add the rest of the shit. Simmer until the berries start to pop, or least get soft. I usually go about 30-40 minutes stirring frequently.

Let it cool, blend the shit out of it.

My buddy strains it afterwards. I don't, and don't recommend it.

Chicken:

I cover the outside of the chicken in a little bit of oil. I add a light dry rub (salt and pepper works). Let it sit out for 20 minutes or so before throwing on the grill.

I use a charcoal grill. Half is hot, half is medium heat. I cook the chicken on the hot side for 10 minutes on each side. Move to the med heat side, baste, and cook until done (usually about 90 minutes or so). I baste it several times.

We use this sauce for Chicken, pulled pork, pork chops, ribs. If I have extra I'll even put it on my sammies.

You must make the sauce a day or two before actually using it. Its a ton better. The flavor changes dramatically from day 1 to day 2.

Hmmmm I think I'll try this and maybe even use chipotle in place of the jalapeños. Report to come after my trip to Land of Smiles is complete

Thawing some deer steaks. I will post it when made.

I have been wanting to try sous vide...

Grilled deer steaks with sweet mesquite dry rub and melted cambozola over the top, bacon mashed potatoes, and mustard greens.
20150322_182757.jpg

Is that really blueberry BBQ sauce or just the name you gave it after burning it?;)

lol, it does appear that way. Trust me, it isn't even close to being burned. The BBQ is purple. It darkens as it caramelizes on the chicken.

On sale right now from Sur la Table at $169.

What about the vac bags? I assume the Glad Vac bags aren't good enough, and I hate the idea of being beholden to a certain company for restocks - and my green-conscious mind hates to add plastic to the landfill every time I try something new, which would be daily with a new toy like an immersion circulator.

Herb crusted Rack of Lamb and roasted Brussel Sprouts.
Funny thing it that up until a few years ago, I couldn't stand Brussel sprouts. Now I love them.
My parents could really kill a good vegetable. When I think of the asparagus, broccoli, Brussel sprouts that I was served as a kid, it's no wonder that I hated them.

L

Funny thing it that up until a few years ago, I couldn't stand Brussel sprouts. Now I love them.
My parents could really kill a good vegetable. When I think of the asparagus, broccoli, Brussel sprouts that I was served as a kid, it's no wonder that I hated them.

L

Woah that looks tasty.

Looks amazing.

We roast most of our veggies in a similar manner, including broccoli and cauliflower.

Roasted Brussels with a little balsamic and honey changed my wife's mind on the vegetable.

What about the vac bags? I assume the Glad Vac bags aren't good enough, and I hate the idea of being beholden to a certain company for restocks - and my green-conscious mind hates to add plastic to the landfill every time I try something new, which would be daily with a new toy like an immersion circulator.

I buy generic vac bags and rolls from the Web. You can also use zip-loc bags.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Nice Frenching job -- looks delicious!

Nice Frenching job -- looks delicious!

I can't take credit for the Frenching. The racks come that way from Sam's club.

And, I agree, Mr Tree: roasting vegetables is a great way to cook not just Brussel sprouts, but cauliflower, broccoli, broccolini, asparagus, carrots, etc. I'm not ready to turn vegetarian (look at my lamb dish), but the right veggies can make a meal.

L

PS: Thread jack: Does anybody have any kitchen knives that they love. My current favorite is visible at the top of the uncooked lamb photo (link). It's a stainless Damascus Japanese Petty knife. Smaller than most Chef's knives but bigger than most utility knives. It's light as a feather and sharp, sharp, sharp.

lunch after the movies

20150501_131930_zps4gofnn1g.jpg

dinner last night

Venison burgers. I mix in garlic, thyme, egg, salt, pepper. For these I diced up a whole jalapeno, seeds and all and mixed it into the meat. We server our burgers on an english muffin with a thick sliced red onion and tomato.

20150501_170430_zpsotpu9vax.jpg

20150501_173158_zpse1xskdym.jpg

20150526_172853_zpstqozb6ov.jpg

wow...........

mustard, mayo, ham, leftover turkey, pickles and swiss cheese served on toasted rye bread.

ok, these are "real" pork chops. I prefer the thin, bone in chops. My wife prefers the boneless chops. Not a huge fan of them tbh. However, they worked great in a hash. I had a half an onion and some diced ham I added to it. topped it with a little cheese, two sunny side up eggs and some franks hot sauce and I had an awesome dinner last night!!!

I saw a recipe on another forum that I just had to try

Roasted Red Pepper Soup.

20150607_141200_zpsebg1pwz5.jpg

20150607_152429_zps35eyhulr.jpg

Very flavorful. Can be eaten chilled or heated. I prefer it heated. I also topped with croutons for the added texture. I think fresh jalapeno slices would be a solid addition.

Every easy to make. Anyone wants the recipe I'll post it.

B

Dinners the last two nights were outstanding.

Salmon and grilled veggies

20150801_172348_zps2z3ozgak.jpg

Steak Fajitas and rice

20150802_180707_zps3cl3nxbg.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom