Did my brother a favor, How well did I do? (1 Viewer)

SnowManStan

Sitting Out
Reaction score
My brother used to host a weekly tournament for years. He joined the navy, and I took all of his chips while he is enlisted. They have never been cleaned before, and I have never cleaned chips before. They are dice chips. So I took the white chips, which were just covered in grime, and put them in my sink with some warm water and dish soap. I let them soak and then mixed them around and scrubbed the nasty one. I then rinsed and dried them. How did I do??

I feel like this is a troll post just begging someone to tell him washing dice chips is not worth it and to just throw them away and really do your brother a favor. If you love your brother you will replace those chips with something nice

I feel like this is a troll post just begging someone to tell him washing dice chips is not worth it and to just throw them away and really do your brother a favor. If you love your brother you will replace those chips with something nice
I'm currently working on getting a nice set of my own. I would have got him nice chips if I had the money, but I am a graduate student living on a graduate student salary.

@Chipandchair beat me to the punch.

Tough love, but “it’s the thought that counts” gains you a polite “nice job” for washing your brothers dice chips.

Call his old poker buddies and have them all chip in (pun intended) to get him a cool welcome home set of nice chips that they can all enjoy when he gets back home.

Tell me if you think he would like these. If so, they’re yours/his. Just pay shipping.
02C21AE0-512B-462C-A8F5-1DEDABB83060.jpeg
E5767F0D-01CC-482C-BF2C-ACCDE6BBFA64.jpeg
595CE809-4564-4490-9698-B37F4EF7D9B8.jpeg
64B557D3-40F6-4CEB-B41B-8451F8C44DFF.jpeg
FDBF287C-F655-43C6-A7B3-D930A903B520.jpeg
41FB0293-1842-441B-ACD1-8D428B3F6BB0.jpeg
E622674E-414B-43CC-BF76-CD3D7D26BFCF.jpeg

Despite all the negative crap here and hard-case sarcasm some delicate violets can’t deal with here at PCF recently, and people dumping on the problems with the “community” here, I am not surprised and actually expected to see somebody make this offer. I’m new here too but think it’s a great community.

Kudos to @joeyshin and an example to all that this place is still a great place on the net.

Nice offer, @joeyshin. :tup:

@SnowManStan -- welcome! Here's your chance to get a nice clay set for super-cheap while you look around. You can either keep it, gift it to your brother when he returns, or pass it along to another newbie if/when you find something that really scratches your chip itch.

Although you'll see some examples to the contrary, this place isn't always about the money.

And to answer your original question, yes, warm water and dishwashing soap work fine on dirty chips -- dice or otherwise.

@SnowManStan -- welcome! Here's your chance to get a nice clay set for super-cheap while you look around. You can either keep it, gift it to your brother when he returns, or pass it along to another newbie if/when you find something that really scratches your chip itch.
@SnowManStan please note that the options do not include reselling them in the classifieds for profit. That move will make you subject to getting pushed and harassed by homeless, AIDs infected strangers while walking along the street ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom