Did I Score? (1 Viewer)

Drewski

High Hand
Reaction score
I occasionally look on OfferUp or Craigslist to see what poker items might be listed. Generally, I find signs, tables and whatnot, but never decent chips.... that is until today! I found these beauties for $50 and snatched them up immediately. I got 118 of the white fracs, and 73 of the $1. The back story is that the “MT” stands for mountain tavern as these were used at a rural tavern back in the day although I have no idea if that’s accurate.

So did I do ok? How much might these be worth cleaned up? They’re grimy, but not rounded over at all, and still are super square on the edges.

Also, any tips to cleaning them up? Warm soapy water and brush is helping but I want to get them really clean. EA8BBED9-7B6B-4AF9-847C-07D783BAE730.jpegE31914B5-7BE3-4992-9380-40C3ECBE1680.jpegF339C6E2-8AE6-4F2E-A125-D5B87D8FCE85.jpeg

Seems like you did real good to me. Edges look nice and sharp. A nice bath and they'll look excellent. I bet they would go for 1.25-1.50 a chip.

Hell of a score. In that condition, they're probably worth at least a buck apiece. Tough to say for sure because they're odd colors for their values, and it's a small lot. Soap and water should be good. Be careful with the brush, you don't want to mess up those hot stamps.

Hell of a score. In that condition, they're probably worth at least a buck apiece. Tough to say for sure because they're odd colors for their values, and it's a small lot. Soap and water should be good. Be careful with the brush, you don't want to mess up those hot stamps.
People are probably just going to buy them to mill. Everyone is making custom solids sets right now.

Very good score. Conservative estimate is $1.25 per chip in the lean times, maybe slightly less if there's lots of competition. Dish soap and warm water and a good toothbrush should work fine.

People are probably just going to buy them to mill. Everyone is making custom solids sets right now.

Couldn’t be more true, I’ve got a solid day glo cash set at CPC waiting on my mold to come up.

Honestly, they're better off being milled and out into a set. Who is going to use a pink solid one dollar hot stamp with MT on it lol.
It’s not that, as much as I just think inlaid solids are weird. No offense. I have a lot of opinions that people don’t need to hear.

If everyone is milling their solids, history shows that those chips that are NOT milled will be of higher value! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Great CL score

Another example of why I love chipping and this place. Everyone has different tastes. I use to think that all inlaid chips had to have spots. Solids aren’t only for fracs but can make some cool inlaid sets.

Differences of opinion, that’s what makes the world go around and interesting. Blue cars, red cars, green cars, CHIPS!

Would you believe that I scored for a second time in less than a week? I can’t believe it!i would have had 400 instead of 200 if some other chip hunter hadn’t emailed the seller and cut in on my deal with excessive over payment. Oh well.
BA8E89A8-DB45-45AC-B251-077B9CDFC871.jpegF6327744-A588-4C52-9D47-93580C570B9A.jpegEA10F4EE-03F6-4968-A672-57FBAD8D2960.jpeg

I agree, I’m really liking them. They really pop when cleaned up

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom