Dia de los Muertos Poker Chips Now Available! (8 Viewers)

If we still needed proof that poker chips are a drug, this picture pretty much sums it up...........we may as well be crack addicts....... :rolleyes::whistle: :whistling: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
When I laid them all out, it reminded me of the scenes in the show The Wire where they make a big production of putting the "dope on the table." :LOL: :laugh:

For my set I ordered this breakdown:
125x Red $5
125x Green $25
150x White $100
100x Purple $500
100x Orange $1k
10x Brown $5k plaques
2x Yellow $25k plaques (may not ever see the felt, but I wanted a couple)

With this set up I figure I can run a 2-table T2K tourney, a 1-table deep stack T5K tourney with the T5 base, or a 1-table T10K tourney with the T25 base, so I'll have some flexibility. The only color I changed from stock was the $100 which I switched to white for better contrast with the other chips and because I liked that design a little better than the black $100. The orange and purple chips look so good together too! Now for some pron:

IMG_20181102_123503959.jpg

IMG_20181102_123517408.jpg

IMG_20181102_123451447.jpg

Thanks again to @Puzzlemonkey and @ABC Gifts and Awards for making these awesome chips a reality!

When I laid them all out, it reminded me of the scenes in the show The Wire where they make a big production of putting the "dope on the table." :LOL: :laugh:

For my set I ordered this breakdown:
125x Red $5
125x Green $25
150x White $100
100x Purple $500
100x Orange $1k
10x Brown $5k plaques
2x Yellow $25k plaques (may not ever see the felt, but I wanted a couple)

With this set up I figure I can run a 2-table T2K tourney, a 1-table deep stack T5K tourney with the T5 base, or a 1-table T10K tourney with the T25 base, so I'll have some flexibility. The only color I changed from stock was the $100 which I switched to white for better contrast with the other chips and because I liked that design a little better than the black $100. The orange and purple chips look so good together too! Now for some pron:

View attachment 213870

View attachment 213871

View attachment 213872

Thanks again to @Puzzlemonkey and @ABC Gifts and Awards for making these awesome chips a reality!

Thanks to One Eyed for handling the Denver order for a few of us.

Excited about these! I just ordered an 800-chip tourney set:

Bounty (Pink chip) x 45
100 (Black chip) x 200
500 (White chip) x 300
2500 (Blue chip) x 200
10000 (Orange chip) x 100
50000 (Brown Plaque) x 12
100000 (Yellow Plaque) x 12

I know that the colors/denom combos aren't standard, but I wanted to get my favorite designs, convention be damned!

@Puzzlemonkey — have you considered doing a custom set of playing cards to go along with these? It looks like copag takes custom orders.

In some googling, I also found makeplayingcards.com — I’m considering ordering a custom deck from them to check out the quality.

I bought these cards and these cards for our Day of the Dead poker game last Friday. They look really great but it took about an orbit before we switched to conventional cards. The pips are too small and it's really difficult to tell what the community cards are unless you're right on top of them.

@Puzzlemonkey — have you considered doing a custom set of playing cards to go along with these? It looks like copag takes custom orders.

In some googling, I also found makeplayingcards.com — I’m considering ordering a custom deck from them to check out the quality.

An interesting idea. I must have considered it at some point, but obviously, the idea didn't take. I have a couple sets of these:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/213168680/dia-de-los-muertos-bicycle-playing-cards

Maybe I figured those were more than sufficient for my purposes. I'll definitely think on it, though...

question on these chips: Not sure if anyone here asked but...
I would like to order the yellow chip as a semi custom. Instead of a dollar amount think I could get the word "BUSTED"?
I would be using this as the bounty chip, and prefer not to use the pink chip for this.
I know I could inquire on the website, but this forum replies faster! LOL

question on these chips: Not sure if anyone here asked but...
I would like to order the yellow chip as a semi custom. Instead of a dollar amount think I could get the word "BUSTED"?
I would be using this as the bounty chip, and prefer not to use the pink chip for this.
I know I could inquire on the website, but this forum replies faster! LOL
Yes, there's a page on the site to order "semi-custom" chips. You can put whatever word or denom you want on any color chip. In our small group order, we made some "Adios" chips and plaques to use as bounty chips. It just costs a little more than the standard designs, and you have to get at least 25 chips.

Can these chips be printed on the “other” mold you bought?

Edit-never mind I found the post that answered my question!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom