Tourney Dia de los Muertos Chips are Staring into my Soul (1 Viewer)

One last decision -- should I go with the black or white for the 100? I'm really starting to dig the picture on the 100. My son will be a heavy influence in the choice, but thought I'd post here too.

The pirate chip is my son & I's favorite chip in the set. FYI in person the "blacks" are much closer to a charcoal grey than black.

Did you get samples so you can see the colors in person? They're a little different from looking at mockups on the computer and might affect your decision.

Is the black chip a pirate or grim reaper? I've never been quite sure. He looks like a pirate and has a bird on his shoulder, but he's holding a scythe, which is not a weapon I associate with pirates.

Did you get samples so you can see the colors in person? They're a little different from looking at mockups on the computer and might affect your decision.

Is the black chip a pirate or grim reaper? I've never been quite sure. He looks like a pirate and has a bird on his shoulder, but he's holding a scythe, which is not a weapon I associate with pirates.

Wow, you may be right, maybe it is the grim reaper with the scythe. He's dressed more like a pirate though. Pirate Grim Reaper. ;)

Black 100, but I personally hate white chips.

Really if this is for teaching kids (which is great :) ), stick with standard colors.

Welcome to PCF! It'll be a 400 chip set in a couple more hours.

I will take a shot at 300 :).

80/80/40/80/20 (T25/100/500/1000/5000) for a 10 player T10000 tournament.

10 stacks of 8/8/4/7 plus extra T1000 for color up and T5000 for rebuys.

You will see this breakdown on many threads on PCF.

Otherwise, @Irish 's 200 chip breakdowns we're good suggestions :).

Yes; it's for me and my son mainly.

I made it up to 265 chips -- not quite 300. Irish's picture with the stacks are swaying me back toward black(ish). The contrast looks good. I'll get a chance to quiz my son tomorrow, and I'll finalize.

Here's what I'm thinking (using a spreadsheet & the various proposed starting stacks for flexibility -- with a few extra chips at different denominations):

70 - 25 denomination - Green
85 - 100 denomination - Black/White
35 - 500 denomination - Purple
60 - 1000 denomination - Yellow
15 - No denomination (from the non-custom set) - Pink

I was thinking the pinks can be used as needed (bounty or 5000s, e.g.)

Thanks all.

Definitely designed as a reaper, but who am I to interfere with anyone's interpretation? :)

I got the inspiration from some old folk art source that I can't put my hands on at the moment.

Definitely designed as a reaper, but who am I to interfere with anyone's interpretation? :)

I got the inspiration from some old folk art source that I can't put my hands on at the moment.
Are you claiming to be the designer of the Dia de los Muertos Chips?

I was confused since he has had 17 posts in 2 years

Wow, you may be right, maybe it is the grim reaper with the scythe. He's dressed more like a pirate though. Pirate Grim Reaper. ;)
Charon, the Ferryman of Styx.
(Also the deliveryman of the duece on the river in omaha/8). :banghead:

Okay -- these chips still stare into my soul.

Now that BR Pro is having a 15% off sale, I wonder if I should pick up 25 more chips with a 5000 denomination on them. (I might have to ship them to work & sneak them into my house, so my wife doesn't realize I made another purchase....)

Here's my current breakdown:
- 70 Green (25)
- 85 Black (100)
- 35 Purple (500)
- 60 Yellow (1000)

Two questions:
  • Is adding ~25 of a 5000 chip worth it? i.e., will I get more flexibility to the set?
  • What color? I was thinking orange but wonder if its too close to the yellow. Red looks nice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom