Happy Dia De Los Muertos (2 Viewers)

SixSpeedFury

Full House
Reaction score
Whatever happened to these and puzzlemonkey on CT? They were stunning.

CalaverasChips_r1.jpg

DOTD_chips.jpg

DOTD_Plaques.jpg

Finally signed up over here!

Thanks for the kind words about the chips... I'd still love to see them made, but the fact of the matter is, I'm too broke to justify it at the moment. I was hoping to make a deal with Joe or one of the other ceramics manufacturers to trade rights to the design for a set of chips for myself, but it wasn't worth it to him to do it. Perhaps someday I'll get a group buy together or something, but for now, it's just not gonna happen.

...I'd forgotten entirely that I'd made up the pink chip, so after seeing this, I had to make it my avatar!

EDIT: I did get some mockups made. These are from Palm. I particularly love how well the edgespots worked. They may not be for everybody, but they're just what I wanted.

IMG_1467.JPG

IMG_1468.JPG

Last edited:
Love 'em.

Honestly there may be enough interest here that you may be able to get your set for free. Just spread the cost of whatever size set your looking for over the "group buy" participants and voila. You get a set and others get access to your great design(s). I believe this is acceptable around here although you may have to get a vendor tag? Not sure.

I particularly love how well the edgespots worked. They may not be for everybody, but they're just what I wanted.

Could not agree more - the edges are fantastic. Love the whole theme.

If you do get them made I might darken up the hundo (both face and edge) to differentiate it more fully from the $500.

Could not agree more - the edges are fantastic. Love the whole theme.

If you do get them made I might darken up the hundo (both face and edge) to differentiate it more fully from the $500.

Yeah; the limited palette on the Chipcos makes some of the colors a little tough to control. We were going back and forth trying to get the black right when it fizzled out. Also, I think I'd made some of the colors on the purple more saturated.

Last edited:
Gotta agree that these chips are fantastic. Great concept, colours, artwork, (dunno about the 100 and 500 being too similar though :p)

Dammit. Yet another set I'll just have to buy.

They remind me of the Nevada Jacks, but better, WAY better. I usually don't care for highly artistic chips, but these I really like. And yes, those edges just rock.

These chips really show what ceramics can do that clay can't!!!

Beautiful for sure. I hope to see these get made.

This design is incredible. I've never really given much thought to ceramic chips until I saw these. Now I want to see these made real bad

The more I look at these chips the more I like 'em.

This would be an amazing group buy (as others have said).

These are better suited for GOCC or ABC blanks than OWPS (Sun-Fly) blanks, imo -- the latter have glossy edges. ABC blanks have the most squarish edges, if that's a design factor.

Wow, love these! Really awesome and well for design and concept. Maybe the best ceramic set I have seen to be honest.

I'm digging the design of these as well. I would participate in a group buy...!
You can't have too many cash sets.

Might even be able combine it with a Dia De Los Brony Set?
dia_de_los_muertos_auction__closed__by_magexp-d6jswqc.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom