Custom theme for Card Mold Ceramics (+ bespoke cloth) (1 Viewer)

SmQCpKn.png

2Eqn70q.gif

UPS tracking for the last few days has been Hong Kong -> UAE -> Cologne .... where it sits :whistle: :whistling:

(BBC says the cold snap will last the rest of the week)
My label was created Dec 6th then no change, absolutely killing me!

Your hope is appreciated. Just paranoid before the holidays and want to get it moving, feels like forever. 11/30 I gave approval on the already produced chips. Gotta keep telling myself it is quite literally crossing the planet for my entertainment, can't be too antsy, it's not penicillin.

I think UPS overstretched themselves a bit yesterday as my package returned to base last night.

However it turned up an hour ago and O.M.G. these things are frigging awesome :wow: :love:

First off - great packaging - triple boxed.

ex0l34q.jpg

All chips present and correct.

oupaJ2j.jpg

and only a couple of the 25 stacks split open but no damage and no broken chips.

oQ2qoMA.jpg

Going to let them acclimatise and then break them all open for a more detailed examination and photoshoot.

Big smiles here :D

edit: Revising to say I'd give the packaging 7/10 ... the triple boxing was great and no damage to any of the layers - but the inner part could be improved as there was a fair bit of empty space for the sealed stacks to move around ... hence the spillage. Looks from the outside layers that the package had a relatively smooth journey - not sure what the innards would have looked like if it hadn't.

... but anyway ...

Last edited:
Turns out I did have one broken chip after all

gImQuw5.jpg

There was a spare 100 to replace it but another 100 had an alignment issue

yslDs71.jpg

so I'll probably convert one of the sample sets into spares as I don't want to use the mis-aligned 100 and don't want it include it in a sample set either.

That said just one misaligned chip in over 950 isn't bad at all. There are a couple of 1000s that look like they're <0.5mm out but you really have to look closely to see that. All the others are spot on :cool

Everything else is pretty consistant - weight of a barrel 202/3g, diameters between 39.2 & 39.3 and thicknesses between 3.31 & 3.35mm.

They all stack well with no real spinners, although a couple are thinking about it, and the colours are good with no blemishes anywhere that I can see. Nice feel to them also - blank textured.

Pretty darn good if you ask me :D

Now for some pics....

Glad we finally got there on the 25k alignment o_O

Yeah - that was a bit touch and go.

Back story ... the 25K was originally a bit more complicated - double the number of sectors on the face/edge - so we dropped it to how it is now. No can't align that came to call - puzzlement all round. Then got a Yes ok ... then later another No. Again puzzlement as it's no different than many others we've all seen. Eventually got another Yes ok but until we actually saw it it was a worry.

Again thanks for your help on this Matt :cool ... and to anyone wanting a designer Matt is someone who should definitely be on your to contact list.

Saints & Sinners - 800 chip set - Blank Textured 39mm CM/Tina

(while the injection points are visible the camera flash is highlighting them - they are near invisible to the naked eye)

nk3XBwo.jpg
@Nymor Gorgeous set! Congrats on realizing your vision. Would you mind sharing the cost breakdown of chips vs shipping? Did you get the sample sets shipped to you during the design phase or at the end?

Last edited:
I got 905 39mm and 135 43mm for a total of ~$280 and then another $225 for shipping ~10kg to UK. While exact pricing may vary my costs seem about average from others I have seen - although that's no guarantee obviously.

My sample sets were just an extra 15 of each chip on top of my 800 base - they weren't samples in the sense that I got a looksee before the bulk were printed. I got to see some images of a few printed chips to see what they'd look like but not sure what would have happened if I wasn't happy - I sense it was more a this is what is now in production.

These look great! I saw your thread where you talk about your 5p/10p/25p cash game. Did you always play those denominations before you got the chips?

I have a 5p/10p game (no one straddles), but I've played in a few local 10p/20p (40p straddle) games lately. I am not sure what is the 'standard' for UK home games: maybe suggesting 10p/25p (50p straddle) would be ideal.

I'm considering buying custom chips (yes, very much down the rabbit hole) and just in a quandary about denominations. I only want a cash game set, so don't need to have larger denominations that work as a tournament (maybe I'll regret that one day!). But I can't decide if I go 5p/25p/£1 or 10p/50p/£1 or even just 10p/£1?! Then I could just force my 5p/10p game to be a 10p/10p game so that my chip set works with the other 10p/20p games I've started to play (as I might bring them along if the host wanted to use them. As I am sure you know: very few people have good chips!). I also wonder if spending lots of money on 5p chips would be something I would regret in five years or more because of inflation: at least the 10p chips would 'last' longer...

Thanks.

Yeah the game I play here tends to be that - 5p/10p/25p. Typical buyins are £20/30 pounds so a bad night would be -£100 and a good one +£100/200 and there can be some relatively large pots as the night progresses. Calling it a 5p/10p game does make us smile.

I'm also moving a holden only tournie group to cash and play that one as 5p/10p with no straddle. It's still just holdem with some pineapples thrown in and so far there's not much action ... but a couple of hands of Omaha confused some so I don't think they're ready for 5/6 card Scarney quite yet :)

Both games use a non-denomed tournie set so the 5 was there as part of that but also to give me the 7 chips I wanted. I think if I was going for a cash set then I'd probably still include it and go with 5p/25p/£1 (+£5, £10, £50?) - the other combinations just look weird to me - but I'd ask in the "tournaments and cash games sub-forum" for good advice on that though - the PCFers in there know their onions when it comes to building a good set for your needs.

I am new to the forums but I have to say, these are spectacular!! and I LOVE the mock up of the felt at the beginning of this thread!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom