Custom label ideas (1 Viewer)

The black labels are so good. Maybe just suck it up and accept that the blurple is what it is...or lighten it just a bit.
I agree. Even if I don't get a near perfect color match, the black labels just look so much better than the other options. But it's got to be legible.

Think I like the black background the best, but the blue kind of gets lost. The white background looks fine, but it's so bright, which is why I went with a gray middle option. But I'm not crazy about it.

I like the bounty chip and the seating chip labels.
Everything you said here is spot on. I'd don't think I've ever preferred black labels to white, but on these I do. Definitely not the gray.

I'd probably just lighten up the blue enough to make it pop, and call it a day.

The black labels are so good. Maybe just suck it up and accept that the blurple is what it is...or lighten it just a bit.
I agree. Even if I don't get a near perfect color match, the black labels just look so much better than the other options. But it's got to be legible.

I know you are going for a color match of the base chip color. But...what if for the blurple you use one of the edge spot colors? Just to bring out the color more next to the black.

Just a thought.

I know you are going for a color match of the base chip color. But...what if for the blurple you use one of the edge spot colors? Just to bring out the color more next to the black.

Just a thought.
I considered that, but the edge spots are green, pink and orange, which are used on other chips.

I considered that, but the edge spots are green, pink and orange, which are used on other chips.

Hmmm...I get where you are coming from - no repeats!

What about this...since “Tigerhawk Card Room” is in white, what if you gave the Hawkeye logo a white border, just to separate it from the black? On your white mockups, you can see the logo has a black border, and you lose that with the black background - effectively shrinking your logo a little.

Don’t know if adding the white will help, but it could be worth a try.

Updated royal blue chip, and updated table seating chip (only one table in my game):

500 SAMPLE BLACK.jpgTABLE SEATING SAMPLE BLANK.jpgTABLE SEATING SAMPLE.jpg

Think I like that color blue. It obviously won't match the chip, but the brightness of the logo and denomination works better with the rest of the chips. Here's my updated lineup:

100 SAMPLE BLACK.jpg500 SAMPLE BLACK.jpg1000 SAMPLE BLACK.jpg5000 SAMPLE BLACK.jpg10000 SAMPLE BLACK.jpg
BOUNTY SAMPLE.jpgTABLE SEATING SAMPLE BLANK.jpgTABLE SEATING SAMPLE.jpg

Now … to continue working on my casa Rivera ceramic design

I can't stop myself. I saw some labels with a subtle design in the background, and though to myself, "hey I can do that." So here we are.
100 TH BACKGROUND prototype.jpg500 TH BACKGROUND prototype.jpg1000 TH BACKGROUND prototype.jpg5000 TH BACKGROUND prototype.jpg10000 TH BACKGROUND prototype.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool! Like the design AND the color combos you have. Legibility aside, having a color that doesn't match the chip would drive my OCD CRAZY!!!!!!!!
I think you'd be fine. But Look forward to seeing them finished.

Who are you getting to make the inlays!?? Or are you going the DIY route?

Going with ABC to finalize the design and printing. They’ve been very good to me. Thought about doing it myself but I know I wouldn’t have been completely happy with it.

ABC has been great to work with so far. They've been very helpful in making small tweaks to the design, and they even wanted samples of the Royal chips so that they could get as close of a color match as possible. And they offered to send me printed samples to make sure I like how they would look. Such a great vendor.

Slight tweak to the design here. More dark gray tigerhawks in the background, more of the "look" of the Royal Card Room label, and black outlines around the letters and numbers.

100 SAMPLE FINAL.jpg500 SAMPLE FINAL.jpg1000 SAMPLE FINAL.jpg5000 SAMPLE FINAL.jpg10000 SAMPLE FINAL.jpgBOUNTY PROTOTYPE THIN.jpgSEAT BLANK SAMPLE FINAL.jpgSEAT 10 SAMPLE FINAL.jpg

Last edited:
Which ones do you think look better? The ones above (post #76) or these, which standardize the label look except for the denomination/bounty/seat?

100 PROTOTYPE GOLD.jpg500 PROTOTYPE GOLD.jpg1000 PROTOTYPE GOLD.jpg5000 PROTOTYPE GOLD.jpg10000 PROTOTYPE GOLD.jpgBOUNTY PROTOTYPE GOLD.jpgSEAT BLANK PROTOTYPE GOLD.jpgSEAT 10 PROTOTYPE GOLD.jpg

Already thinking ahead to custom ceramics. Maybe by the end of this year. And going back to the NUTS theme. The squirrel is about as big as I want to get it - probably need to push it a touch to the right - but otherwise I like it. This is obviously a prototype on a Royal chip, so if I'm going full ceramic the design could be larger, perhaps showing more detail of that nut.

THE NUTS - 100 prototype plain.jpg

totally love it and i think it would make an awesome center art work for a poker table felt and all in general a theme for a poker room, especially the first group of images

Got my sample labels back from @ABC Gifts and Awards

9759936A-7C44-4A5A-AC15-99215F5E24C0.jpeg

Also have samples for the bounty (white 500 chip) and a seating chip (black 100 chip). I like the labels so much that I think I will get labels for an All In (light blue 25 cent chip) and Show ‘Em (red 5). Can’t decide what the gray chip would be used for. Ideas?

Last edited:
Labels are awesome. Any chance you can darken the T500 color match text to match better?

Labels are awesome. Any chance you can darken the T500 color match text to match better?
Actually they sent me a sample of a darker blue that matches the chip very well. Here are the two options.
A8350545-E0DA-439F-BB18-CF8BDA6FD82E.jpeg

I also did a custom with this chip and my fear was the dark blue against the black. The light blue tilts me and the dark blue is harder to see but a much better match. I'd go either dark blue or use an edgespot.

BTP Tourney 1.jpg

I also did a custom with this chip and my fear was the dark blue against the black. The light blue tilts me and the dark blue is harder to see but a much better match. I'd go either dark blue or use an edgespot.

View attachment 394097
Yes, the light blue is maybe too light, I agree. And the dark blue (that matches perfectly) might be too dark. But I’m leaning toward the dark right now. I can’t use an edge spot color because all three colors are used on other chips in my set (green, orange, pink).

Maybe I’ll do a gray Reload chip in addition to the red Show ‘Em and the light blue All In “bonus” chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom