Custom Cut Card (1 Viewer)

MrMuffin

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello collectors,

some weeks ago I made my first custom chipset. Now I am interested how I can improve it and came to the point that I would like to have a custom cut card.

I found a condor here that does Metal cards but I would be interested in a classic Plastic one with a custom logo.

Does anyone here have an idea, where to get it and what I would have to pay for it?

IMG_4064.jpeg
IMG_4066.jpeg
IMG_4352.jpeg
Look in the group buy threads, there have been some group buys for cut cards ☺️

That is where I got mine

Hello collectors,

some weeks ago I made my first custom chipset. Now I am interested how I can improve it and came to the point that I would like to have a custom cut card.

I found a condor here that does Metal cards but I would be interested in a classic Plastic one with a custom logo.

Does anyone here have an idea, where to get it and what I would have to pay for it?

In group buys you are looking at approx $30 art set up fees plus approx $1.50/ plastic card. Individually your costs will be higher.

In my opinion, the plastic cut cards are not as nice as the metal ones.

In a group with solid dealers, the plastic ones are excellent, but there is a tendency with amateur dealer-players to accidently shuffle the plastic cards into the deck, resulting in a "where's the cut card", followed by a check on the second deck to see if they have both cut cards (and possibly revealing the bottom card of a live deck). There's a short search around the previous dealers (halting the game) before the shuffled deck gets spread out to find the card.

I'm still waiting to see if a 3d printer can make custom cut cards. @BearMetal @Sparkynutz @apchipper

I'm still waiting to see if a 3d printer can make custom cut cards. @BearMetal @Sparkynutz @apchipper
I think it would be possible to do something. But you would most likely need to replace the standard nozzle with a much smaller diameter nozzle, and print at a very fine layer height in order to make it thin enough but also provide some type of customized art.

There are a few multi-filament printers that are out there right now, which could potentially do something like this.

I’m looking to make some custom cut cards too! Some Taj Mahal to match my chips.

I think it would be possible to do something. But you would most likely need to replace the standard nozzle with a much smaller diameter nozzle, and print at a very fine layer height in order to make it thin enough but also provide some type of customized art.

There are a few multi-filament printers that are out there right now, which could potentially do something like this.
Indeed, it should be pretty easy to print a cut card with up to four colors in which filament is readily available. Printing at 0.2mm layer height, a 0.4mm cut card would be 2 layers thick.

Has anyone who's bought metal cut cards got one of those damn invisible metal splinters that light up the nerves in your finger but you can't see it? I've had those whenever I build IKEA furniture and use their cheapo tools that come with everything. I like the idea of metal cut cards, but I definitely don't want them to cause those pain in the arse splinters.

Has anyone who's bought metal cut cards got one of those damn invisible metal splinters that light up the nerves in your finger but you can't see it? I've had those whenever I build IKEA furniture and use their cheapo tools that come with everything. I like the idea of metal cut cards, but I definitely don't want them to cause those pain in the arse splinters.
I've used the Potsie cut cards for one 5-hour game (over 3 tables) without incident. I've also used them for two 2-hour heads up games without a splinter, or even a burr.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom