Custom chip journey (1 Viewer)

AK Chip

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Looking back over the past year almost two years of custom set building steps.

IMG_20160208_154045[1].jpg

IMG_20160208_154629[1].jpg

IMG_20160208_155653[1].jpg

IMG_20160208_160228[1].jpg

IMG_20151124_112200[1].jpg

IMG_2741 (525x700)[1].jpg

IMG_2740 (525x700)[1].jpg

IMG_2738 (525x700)[1].jpg

Great sets you have there. I'd say the newest is my favourite, but it's cool you have stuck to one theme and have all 3 sets still.

Beautiful set, but the solid inlayed tournament chips would tilt me...

(Putting it in a spoiler in case you don't want to see it... Because if you haven't seen it yet, it doesn't bother you, but once I point it out, it may tilt you too...)

Capture.PNG

One of the drawbacks of the A mold, IMO. Requires perfect inlay placement.

Inlay on the 1000 and 5000 shown looked pretty good. Except for the hair at 3 o'clock on the 5000!

Last edited:
Beautiful set, but the tournament chips would tilt me...

(Putting it in a spoiler in case you don't want to see it... Because if you haven't seen it yet, it doesn't bother you, but once I point it out, it may tilt you too...)

View attachment 117461

Inlay on the 1000 and 5000 shown looked pretty good. Except for the hair at 3 o'clock on the 5000!
Which set solid or hot stamp?

Beautiful set, but the solid inlayed tournament chips would tilt me...

View attachment 117461

I really only saw it is as a bit off center not the white edge you pointed out. In the trash with these 700 and the 800 I just ordered!!

Just kidding it doesn't catch my eye at all.

Felt WIP Charcoal w-glow[3].jpg

Felt WIP Charcoal w-glow[5].jpg
Felt WIP ver B blue mountains lite[1].jpg

Aurora Club Table Felt Final Preview[1][1].jpg

2017-07-22 08.25.26[1].jpg

2017-07-22 08.25.41[1].jpg

2017-07-22 08.25.41[1].jpg

IMG_1221 (3)[1].JPG

IMG_1225 (3)[1].JPG

Attachments

• Felt WIP Charcoal w-glow[1].jpg
    Felt WIP Charcoal w-glow[1].jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 176
  • Felt WIP Charcoal w-glow[2].jpg
    Felt WIP Charcoal w-glow[2].jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 138
  • Felt WIP Charcoal w-glow[4].jpg
    Felt WIP Charcoal w-glow[4].jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Felt WIP ver B textured[1].jpg
    Felt WIP ver B textured[1].jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 147
  • Felt WIP ver B[1].jpg
    Felt WIP ver B[1].jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 138
  • upload_2017-7-9_14-10-13[1].png
    upload_2017-7-9_14-10-13[1].png
    574.8 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
On the zillions of custom sets I've seen over the years, these ones have been most on my mind the past couple weeks. I am so in love with your inlay design and execution that it almost hurts! lol

I'm getting ready for my own Ace's add-on. While I love Dunes and my tribute to them, your set makes me wish I'd done something more original. Future hall of fame set for sure!

On the zillions of custom sets I've seen over the years, these ones have been most on my mind the past couple weeks. I am so in love with your inlay design and execution that it almost hurts! lol

I'm getting ready for my own Ace's add-on. While I love Dunes and my tribute to them, your set makes me wish I'd done something more original. Future hall of fame set for sure!

Thank you for the compliments on my chips! The inlay work is all Steve Silver, he wouldn't quit until he felt good about them himself. He could see where things could be improved when I was already extremely happy with them and they just kept getting better!!.

Hall of fame is a bit of a stretch but I appreciate you thinking they warrant consideration.

Really dig this set, looking forward to those samples!

The Black hundo with the Purple and Daygo Pink edge spots are just awesome, my favorite of the set!

IMG_1547.JPG

IMG_1543.JPG

IMG_1555.JPG

IMG_1559.JPG

IMG_1560.JPG

IMG_1561.JPG

IMG_1564.JPG

IMG_1569.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1537.JPG
    IMG_1537.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 136
All three sets are awesome, but the hotstamped set really knocked my socks off. I too love the hundo, and the Halloween chip. That set really stands out for me. Great job!

All three sets are awesome, but the hotstamped set really knocked my socks off. I too love the hundo, and the Halloween chip. That set really stands out for me. Great job!
Thanks! I also love the hot stamp set, it will be the most used set of the three. We play tournaments almost exclusively with cash when you bust out. ( I think I have the group coming around for some limit games) All that said, I just put the solid set on the table and it looks awesome!

You are the first person to mention the Orange chip, I love it but it must not be for the masses.

Thanks! I also love the hot stamp set, it will be the most used set of the three. We play tournaments almost exclusively with cash when you bust out. ( I think I have the group coming around for some limit games) All that said, I just put the solid set on the table and it looks awesome!

You are the first person to mention the Orange chip, I love it but it must not be for the masses.

Seriously? Every set I've planned in my mind, the orange MUST be in there. I need to focus and order a custom set. I have a Terribles set that I like and a Majestics set that is VERY durable. The orange was going to be my 50 cent chip in the forbade breakdown of .25, .50, 1, 5!

Funny looking back on this thread, so many customs have come and gone since then. Still fun to see how it all started.

I had never taken a look at the thread before today so thanks to @TheBigTater otherwise I would not have known.
Love all the pics. And your cash set is outstanding with its colour and spot patterns.
Of course I love looking at all the hot stamping with great interest.
Great collection and thanks for sharing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom