Custom Case Advice (1 Viewer)

larrywal32

Reaction score
Hi folks - I have 1200 CPC 39mm chips coming soon and am planning the case. I'm planning to have a Pelican 1555 Air case with two trays from my case builder. I'd love it if I could take both trays out and put them into a drawer at home (since that's where they will be 90% of the time). Then if I need to travel, I'll put the trays into the pelican.

Please see below for the MCB designs. Both trays have the same design - 6 chip racks (213mm x 78mm), 4 copag poker decks (each is 63.5mm x 87.5mm x 15.5mm + cut card), and a space for 2 round buttons (each is 54mm round x 8mm). The grid in the design is 5mm. You can see the depths I put in the images.

Questions I'd love opinions on:

1) How high above the top edge of the foam should the chips, buttons, and cards stick up to fit snuggly with the foam above them?
2) How do the dimensions and depths seem for the various items?
3) MCB says on their site the bottom tray is not removable; I'm assuming I can just ask them not to glue in the bottom tray? Any issues with that?
4) I'm thinking it's better to have full racks I can take out of the foam vs cutting specific openings to put chips directly into. This seems like it might make it easier to clean up, put away. But I'm open to thoughts if I'm missing something.

Thanks so much.

1681073167725.png
1681073194259.png

1681073278067.png
1681073314217.png

Hi folks - I have 1200 CPC 39mm chips coming soon and am planning the case. I'm planning to have a Pelican 1555 Air case with two trays from my case builder. I'd love it if I could take both trays out and put them into a drawer at home (since that's where they will be 90% of the time). Then if I need to travel, I'll put the trays into the pelican.

Please see below for the MCB designs. Both trays have the same design - 6 chip racks (213mm x 78mm), 4 copag poker decks (each is 63.5mm x 87.5mm x 15.5mm + cut card), and a space for 2 round buttons (each is 54mm round x 8mm). The grid in the design is 5mm. You can see the depths I put in the images.

Questions I'd love opinions on:

1) How high above the top edge of the foam should the chips, buttons, and cards stick up to fit snuggly with the foam above them?
2) How do the dimensions and depths seem for the various items?
3) MCB says on their site the bottom tray is not removable; I'm assuming I can just ask them not to glue in the bottom tray? Any issues with that?
4) I'm thinking it's better to have full racks I can take out of the foam vs cutting specific openings to put chips directly into. This seems like it might make it easier to clean up, put away. But I'm open to thoughts if I'm missing something.

Thanks so much.

View attachment 1115993View attachment 1115994
View attachment 1115997View attachment 1115998
great pics of the design phase of the foam ... gives me dreamy ideas for the "art of the possible" with MyCaseBuilder. Can't wait to get to designing my own

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom