"Current" Chipset Collection (5 Viewers)

I'm in a situation where I'm just about happy with what I have. I have lots of sets that are diverse and can fit a wide range of stakes and game varieties. As of now I have 11 sets with one in progress, one pending on the CPC queue, and another large CPC set in the design phase. Once I have all of those sets in tow, it becomes difficult to juggle which sets to put into play and provide even felt time for each. In 2021 I plan on hosting twice a month, one cash game and one tournament a month. That's 24 different games with 12 sets that I will have available at the start of the year, with 14 by the end of it most likely. Some sets will only see the felt once a year in that case, as I doubt that I will end up having all 24 scheduled events. Emergencies, illness, COVID, and someone wanting to host at their place with their dice chips ( :vomit: ) are going to happen at least a couple of times in place of my scheduled games.

I currently have the following:

Cash:

Jack Detroit Semi-Custom Relabels:

200 nickels
300 quarters
100 half dollars
200 $1's
200 $5's
40 $20's (Pending)

I put in lots of effort and cash into making this set. Plus I labeled over them to fit me and my game. They're a life-time keeper set that I'll end up passing down to my kids.

CDI '98 (THC):

240 $25's (used as quarters)
40 half dollars
220 $1's
200 $5's (used as nickels for microstakes)

Ditto for the Jack's set. Lots of blood, sweat, and cash went into acquiring this set. This would be one of the last to go, but this would have a hefty price, as it's my only leaded THC cash set.

Key West CPC (H-mold):

200 $1's
200 $5's (nickels for microstakes)
200 $25's (quarters for cash games)
40 $20's

This would probably be the first to go if I needed emergency funds one way or another, but I would still cringe before doing so, as this was the first real set of chips I put together and was my introduction to CPC's

BCC Protege's (C+S mold, in progress)

I only have 200 $5's right now, but will be looking for quarters and dollars in the near future. Just want to spread expenses out. This would probably be the second cash set to go in the pecking order if funds were needed, but I absolutely love the feeling of the C+S mold and the feel of the chips themselves. Their feel is second only to leaded THC Paulsons.

CPC 44mm A-mold Customs (pending in CPC's queue)

As these are customs, they will have little to no resale value. Besides, I ordered a full set of oversize chips in all dayglow colors, how awesome is that?

Set breakdown will be

200 nickels
200 quarters
200 $1's
200 $5's

to cover a variety of stakes. This is another set that goes into the will that's going to go to my son.

Tournament:

CDI '98's (THC):

120 $100's
60 $500's
120 $1000's
80 $5000
30 $25,000

I can always rip away 120 $25's to play a standard T10,000 STT, but this set is designed for T50,000 and T100,000 deepstack play. A lot of cash, agita, inlay replacement, and patience went into putting this set together. Ditto as the cash set counterpart. Every set I have not including my customs or semi customs has a price, but these would be the last to go, especially because they're my only leaded THC tournament set.

Key West Tournament (H-Mold):

200 $25's
200 $100's
100 $500's
100 $1000's
60 $5000's
20 $25,000's
20 Bounty

This is my only set that can cover two tables if I need it to. By that virtue, I don't think I'd sell these off easily.

BCC Protege (C+S mold, pending)

120 $25's
120 $100's
80 $500's
100 $1000's
20 NCV

A kind fellow PCF'er is holding these in layaway for me as I wrap up my other ongoing projects. I plan on paying them off and acquiring these in a little over a month.

Rounders (CPC, CSQ mold)

110 $25's
130 $100's
60 $500's
120 $1000's (custom)
40 $5000's (custom)
10 Bounty
10 KGB

Just need a barrel of $25's and the set is complete. This would be the first tournament set to go if I needed funds, though.

Jack's Card Room Customs (Card Pip Mold)

119 $25's (day green?)
120 $100's (charcoal)
60 $500's (blaze orange)
100 $1000's (canary yellow?)

Same story as my other custom sets. I'd sell these for what I have in them if I got desperate, but it wouldn't be cheap because I bought the chips, had them milled, and spent cash on relabeling them.

BCC Riverboat (Web Mold)

160 $25's
160 $100's
100 $500's
60 $1000's
20 $5000's

I would never sell these. Period. Only potentially in a trade if I was offered a playable ESPT, BCC Capital Room, BCC Suicide King, Big Top Cash, or TRK set in return, AKA, these are going nowhere, but send me a PM if you have any of the sets I listed and we can chat. For that matter, any non-custom set except for the CDI's are available for trade if you have any of the above, plus cash coming from my end if reasonable.

Super Top Secret CPC Custom Set (pending)

More on this one later....

So basically, in terms of order of sell off if necessary, it would probably go Key West Cash first, Rounders second, Key West tournament third, CDI cash and tournament absolutely last, and everything else non-custom in between. Any customs are absolutely unsalable one way or another. The Riverboats are absolutely off limits save for any straight up trade for one of my grail sets listed above.

Last edited:
I've been inventorying my chips. I have more than twice what I need with the Sunsets. I'm contemplating selling off 150 chips. How does this breakdown sound?

40 x .25
40 x 1
40 x 5
20 x 25
10 x 100

These would only be the primaries.

How would you tweak a small, 150 chip set to appeal to the masses? There is a touch of flexibility with this.

Thanks

20200915_182755.jpg
20200915_182710.jpg

I've been inventorying my chips. I have more than twice what I need with the Sunsets. I'm contemplating selling off 150 chips. How does this breakdown sound?

40 x .25
40 x 1
40 x 5
20 x 25
10 x 100

These would only be the primaries.

How would you tweak a small, 150 chip set to appeal to the masses? There is a touch of flexibility with this.

Thanks

View attachment 533850View attachment 533851
Make a heads-up rack.

A friend of mine and I play heads up cash. We buy in for 20 bucks. Issue between 200 and 300 dollars worth of chips, and play from there. Kind of a hybrid tourney. Oh, and we usually do it dealers choice lol.

I am also a fan of $20 heads up cash games.

I think for a heads up tourney set I would prefer only three different chips. Maybe 1/5/25 or 5/25/100. I'm not sure which chips you have the most excess of but could probably figure out a couple 100 chip heads up sets or something like that.

Beautiful Bill!! Maybe need a few more of those awesome yellow $20s!!

With the barrel of 100's this bank will be bigger than what I could need for my 100 max game. I usually try to limit my games to 8 players (game selection)

So bummed I can’t make it. Stupid friend tested positive for COVID so we are quarantined. Hopefully I can make the next one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom