Crown Plaza GB - Cash $100 to Tourney T25K and T500K to Cash $25 customization (MOQ reached) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having chips in hand, I'm skeptical that relabeled chips will turn out very nice, compared to the originals.... which appear much closer to being 'inlays' vs "a sticker in a recess".

Having chips in hand, I'm skeptical that relabeled chips will turn out very nice, compared to the originals.... which appear much closer to being 'inlays' vs "a sticker in a recess".
I’m a little more optimistic than this, but feel similarly.

I’m a little more optimistic than this, but feel similarly.

looks like a MSK/Abbiati Plaque group buy might be required. ;););)

Last edited:
I'm slowly starting to de-inlay the chips. My first impressions:

- the laminate layer is quite thick
- the printed vinyl layer is very thin
- there is a lot of epoxy on the metal disc underneath the inlay
- the recess depth after inlay removal is fairly deep, certainly comparable to a Bud Jones or a Paulson recess

I think the chips will look perfectly fine after the replacement sticker is put on.

I am slowly but surely churning through the de-inlay process. I'm making reasonable time, but there are over 700 chips to do so it's not going to be done in a flash. I need to be extra careful about taking out all the epoxy along the edge of the recess, otherwise it can affect the look of the label after it is applied.

Gear has all the art now. I'm just waiting to hear from his experiments about what size, thickness, and quality of laminate/vinyl will be best to replicate onto the chip. I'm pretty sure it will be a matte laminate, as the original material barely reflects direct light when you look at it.

Last edited:
@allforcharity

There is not a lot of $ 100 left in circulation (compared to the GB).
There must be less than 1000 left, right?

2020-02-29_10-53-57.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom