Crown Plaza GB - Cash $100 to Tourney T25K and T500K to Cash $25 customization (MOQ reached) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, everyone! It looks like all the payments are in. Everybody should have received a tracking number by now, and my last packages will be at the post office tomorrow before noon. I want to thank @p5woody for developing the original and conversion art, and @Tommy for arranging the very large original group buy. Thanks again to @Gear for the great labels and your testing expertise.

I just wanted to share a few things I learned with this project (my opinions only)
- Abbiati chips are truly high-end plastic chips and feel very durable; this series of chip will surely appeal to those who prefer a heavier chip, as the metal insert brings each chip to a hefty 11.5g. If I were to re-design it, I probably would have tried to choose a final weight closer to 10g.
- Epoxy *really* likes to stick to metal; though I would say it was easier to remove the laminate and vinyl inlay compared to a vintage Paulson chip, it was definitely much harder than an all-plastic Bud Jones inlay removal. Lots of scraping.
- Handling characteristics from a stackability and slipperiness standpoint are at least as good as the Bud Jones S2 series, and likely helped by the sheer difference in weight (11.5g vs. 8g).
- I would love to hear from any Bourgogne et Grasset owner on how these Abbiatis compare against them

Got my purple $25 from @allforcharity. They turned out great and I thought you'd like to see the whole set. Some of the people I play with aren't used to playing with $20 chips so when I get a Cali set I like to have the option of using the black $20 or the purple $25's
IMG_0632.jpg

Last edited:
Wow those $25's are amazing, fit the set much better than the original $20 and $100 chips. I have a set coming, and maybe my mind will be changed once I see them in real life, but the $20 and $100 just don't really fit with the first three denoms. You made that set better, great job!
Alteration to group buy 2 perhaps?

Amazing relabelling. Dare I say, the 100k chips look and feel better than the originals. The gear labels seem to have better resolution on the text and have the same matte texture as original manufacturer labels.

Amazing relabelling. Dare I say, the 100k chips look and feel better than the originals. The gear labels seem to have better resolution on the text and have the same matte texture as original manufacturer labels.
Exactly what I thought, ahaha @Gear tolerance are higher than Abbiati's, maybe they should hire him to make all of the labels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom