CPC Spot Levels (1 Viewer)

I've looked all over and couldn't find a listing of CPC's spot patterns by level. Now for most with deep pockets this probably isn't a concern or even a thought. But for someone trying to get the most "bang for you buck" this might be handy. I went through and sorted their spot patterns by level. A strange note here, there is no Level 3 spot pattern...so not sure why there's pricing for it, unless there is spot patterns not listed in their tool. I apologize if this is listed elsewhere but I searched every possible term combination I could before sorting these out. If anything is missing or wrong just let me know and I'll fix it.

Level 1

Level 2
214+
1D14
212+
1/2 Pie

Level 3
N/A

Level 4
218+
318+
1D18
2DS316
314+
414+
414A+
414B+
312+
412+
2V12+
3916+
1TA316
1/4 Pie
3 Trim+

Level 5
2D18
2DS18+
2D14+
4V12+
3TA316

Level 6
3D18
3DS316+
3V12+

Level 7
4D18
4D18A
4D18B
3DS18+
614+
614A+
3D14
1/2 Pie 214+
1/2 Pie 212+
2TA181418

Level 8
418+
6D18
6D18A
4DS18+
4DS316+
3TA181418

Level 9
814+
4D14+
3143DS18+ var.1
3143DS18+ var.2
3123DS18+ var.1
3123DS18+ var.2
2V12214+
2v12212+
4TA181418

Level 10
8D18
2V122DS18+
3V12318+

Level 11
6DS18+
314318+
312318+
1/4 Pie 414+
1/4 Pie 412+

Level 12
618+
3V123DS18+ var.1
3V123DS18+ var.2
Screenshot_20191225_073446.jpg

Ok so here's this. None of these matchup with their tool...you use their tool and there is no level 3, all of those level 3's are now level 4's or is there something I'm missing?
I'm pretty sure they are correct, or were last time I looked closely.

218 for example still shows in the tool as level 3, for a single colour.

But it's level 4 if you have each spot a different colour.

Ok so here's this. None of these matchup with their tool...you use their tool and there is no level 3, all of those level 3's are now level 4's or is there something I'm missing?

Which one is right?

Colors have to match the pattern. For instance for a 414 spot pattern, spots 1 and 3 need to be the same, and 2 and 4 need to be the same for level 3. Otherwise its a level 4 chip.

I'm pretty sure they are correct, or were last time I looked closely.

218 for example still shows in the tool as level 3, for a single colour.

But it's level 4 if you have each spot a different colour.
ahhhh ok so the number of different colors raises the level....see I never knew that, that's good to know

Colors have to match the pattern. For instance for a 414 spot pattern, spots 1 and 3 need to be the same, and 2 and 4 need to be the same for level 3. Otherwise its a level 4 chip.
Is there anywhere that has all this spelled out? These are for sure some of the things an inexperienced buyer from CPC need to know. I would have never thought it would matter which spot is which color.

Holy cow this is a game changer, I'm going through changing things and its making a tremendous difference in levels. You guys are awesome!

Is there anywhere that has all this spelled out? These are for sure some of the things an inexperienced buyer from CPC need to know. I would have never thought it would matter which spot is which color.

Check the link I posted above - its got the more complex patterns down the list that would indicate more colors means higher level.

Edit to add: the link is an expanded version of the pic that @Perthmike posted.

Levels raise with colors. If you do all one color, it's one level, if you do two colors rotating, it's another level, and if you do completely random colors. It's another level. The Tool does a great job of the correct pricing, I couldn't find any issues with my two orders with my planned pricing.

He does great work!

Levels raise with colors. If you do all one color, it's one level, if you do two colors rotating, it's another level, and if you do completely random colors. It's another level. The Tool does a great job of the correct pricing, I couldn't find any issues with my two orders with my planned pricing.

He does great work!
I'm just kinda playing with it. The color sample I had I didn't care for the colors and the feel of the chips, but the samples I've gotten from others with labels and stuff seem to have a different feel all together. I'm still up in the air on it but the tool is something to blow some time while sitting on the couch.

I'm just kinda playing with it. The color sample I had I didn't care for the colors and the feel of the chips, but the samples I've gotten from others with labels and stuff seem to have a different feel all together. I'm still up in the air on it but the tool is something to blow some time while sitting on the couch.
So, from personal opinion, I think CPCs feel terrible new. Honestly, they do. But they also break in really well. They need some games to smooth them out and they come an entire different chip.

Inlays can really affect the feel of CPC’s. But each mold has its own feel and sound. It’s good to get shuffle stacks of different molds to know what you like. They’re all terrific, but some are terrific-er. :)

Inlays can really affect the feel of CPC’s. But each mold has its own feel and sound. It’s good to get shuffle stacks of different molds to know what you like. They’re all terrific, but some are terrific-er. :)
That's true. Mold is a super important factor.

If you properly clean them and then properly oil them, they 're a steal, at least pictorially, in relation to most Paulson chip prices asked here :)
Get samples of molds (at least 10 per mold) if you 're seriously concerned sound-wise.

Ah yeah I liked that one. I liked the CSQ the most, my problem is I'd prefer a 1" inlay and according to their recommendations 7/8" is the recommended for CSQ.

I liked the Hourglass, and Small Crown as well. Strangely it doesn't seem popular but I like the FDL too.

Former artillery soldier here (155mm howitzers), so by no means a credible source due to near-deafness:D, but, to me, best-sounding CPC mold is the HHR.
Probably because of the very small inlay allowed, which enables lots of clay to come to contact with also lots of clay.
That's not everyhting in life, though. I made my own set with big inlays (A-mold), at the expense of clay, because the essence was in them (the inlays).

CPCs can also get quite expensive if you go higher up on the levels. My customs which haven’t arrived had I think 6 racks of $4.5+/chip chips.

That being said, a lot can be had for much lower... like in the <$2.5/chip range. Trimoon’s come to my mind as I LOVE tri moon chips.

The set that gets used the most in our game are the stock design Atlantic Club’s. They are fantastic. They for sure are harder than the Paulsons, as they don’t wear as fast, which is a good thing IMO depending how much you play. When I put my boat chips in play I would feel really bad when I see some slight edge fraying or a bit of grime from dirty fingers.

And like others have said, they are for sure lighter (probably a gram/chip or so) than Paulsons.

@Changster not sure CPCs "are" indeed lighter on the scale.
Many molds among them could "sound" lighter, but I 'd be curious weighing them all (including Paulsons, i,e,)
Honestly asking, without pre-determined answers.
By the way, come to Greece, for a low-stakes game :)

I have pics somewhere of the samples I had compared to paulsons and they were for sure lighter.
Many molds among them could "sound" lighter, but I 'd be curious weighing them all (including Paulsons, i,e,)

I’ve put them on scales. They are like 8-8.5g, vs Paulsons mainly 9.5ish.

And sure if I’m ever in Greece I’ll reach out. Greece is like the best vacation nation in Europe. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom