CPC Personalized Tri-Moon Tourney Set (1 Viewer)

DJ_Fett

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
My lighting wasn’t the greatest for pictures but here they are! Details in the second post....

4CCC0428-FC6C-48DD-B46C-50D55AB22B53.jpeg

428E91A1-0DB9-4374-B66A-0475009A0624.jpegDF04E24D-F69F-43DD-AD90-27F05353D43B.jpeg4417100F-DA18-4FED-BAFF-C926B3F051A9.jpegBF7FB02F-B381-4D5F-BF20-E3B13AE0317E.jpeg9ED1FAE0-F459-4C2F-BD94-E7C07C7DA7B5.jpegE865C499-69D9-4ABE-80C9-EF5FFB242A61.jpegC978F4F8-E939-4762-BD41-FC7DBF4AD28F.jpeg0BC50366-EF0B-44E1-9E57-2F9BC8081B2C.jpeg25B74C76-910B-44AE-B402-12FDAC01AFBF.jpegCB8C7946-3ECE-4E4D-98DA-0ECC069E7436.jpeg08C6FF10-225B-423F-849F-1BFBAF5DB0F2.jpeg60864808-AAD1-4796-8848-A988A18EBFC2.jpeg4CCC0428-FC6C-48DD-B46C-50D55AB22B53.jpegAD2C38B9-A6E8-49C1-BE7C-F890AED39840.jpeg

There’s not a whole lot of a story behind these since they’re personalized vs a themed set but I’ll give it my best. I’ve been here on PCF, was on ChipTalk a bit, and HomePokerTourney before that. I’ve never been very active on any of them, but greatly appreciate all the knowledge I’ve gained from them and the transactions I’ve made with members along the way. I love seeing all the custom sets people create and have long dreamed of this day!

As much as I would prefer a cash game, all the games we play at home with the guys I enjoy playing cards with are tourneys. I sat on a set of Modern Clays for years that never really saw action, while my Nevada Jack Skulls saw regular use. Remember when Pokerstars and those online games first got big and you could earn promotions? I always cashed mine in for the skulls!

So over the last decade I mocked up probably hundreds of cash sets, and I was pretty narrowed down on the color combos I wanted to use. Over the last few months and with a solid group that prefers tourneys, I decided to go for a tourney set instead. Once I saw the Tri-Moon I realized that was the way I wanted to go. Sold off the Modern Clays, Skulls, and some other leftovers and here we are...

T25 - Light Green with Light Chocolate
T100 - Black with DG Arc Yellow
T500 - Grey with DG Peacock, White, Retro Red
T1K - Canary with Chocolate, Butterscotch, Imerial Blue
T5K - DG Tiger with Black, Charcoal, Gray

Light green with chocolate, canary with butterscotch and imperial blue, and DG Tiger with black and charcoal were the color combos that I had really settled on over the years, so I just had to find a good black T100 and a T500 that worked.

I really wanted to do the Rounders Black with DG green, but didn’t want to sacrifice my mint chocolate chip. The DG Arc Yellow seemed to work well and with some input from people on here I went with it. Waiting on my order I really started to second guess it, but man did they come out awesome!

The T500, I just created by chance running through different options and was instantly sold. Someone on my design thread threw it out there with Imperial Blue instead of gray and it was almost a coin flip, but I love the grey.

p5woody did the label design. I wanted something simple with my last name (hoping it’s a bit of an heirloom). I sent him what would have to rank up there with the worst napkin sketches and he knocked it out of the park! I originally though a pretty neutral gray background, so he made that along with a bunch of other awesome options including a dark and light label that I couldn’t decide between, so I went with both. It seems to be an idea with people on both side of the fence, but I really like how it worked out.

Last edited:
These look great! Nice work. The 100 is my favorite, then the 500. Which one do you like best?

Which of your kids do you like best?

J/k, I really don’t know though. Probably the 5k, DG Tiger is unreal

The 100 is probably the one I was most surprised by. I really questioned my decision on it while waiting. They turned out awesome though! Glad I went with that

Very cool! Congrats on your epics set! Love the 500 in particular!

These look great! Nice work. The 100 is my favorite, then the 500. Which one do you like best?
I like the 500 best
That 500 is bananas. Very nice work.
Very cool! Congrats on your epics set! Love the 500 in particular!

As for all the 500 love... that one was the least planned! Originally I wanted the first 3 chips to be lvl 2 spots all the same color, then the 1k and 5k to be lvl 4 spots with 3 colors. I mocked up the 500 up a bunch of different ways as lvl 2 with gray or charcoal base, and all red or all blue spots. Once I saw how it looked with different colors it was a no brainer to bump it up to lvl 4

Niiiiiice. Please post lots of in-play pr0n! I'd love to see the progression while they get some natural oiling from play time.

Our default set is a set of off the shelf Atlantic Club's. They really brightened up after some play time. You will love it!

Niiiiiice. Please post lots of in-play pr0n! I'd love to see the progression while they get some natural oiling from play time.

Our default set is a set of off the shelf Atlantic Club's. They really brightened up after some play time. You will love it!

So these came from CPC much faster than expected. A good thing obviously, but I didn’t plan another game until next month, so it’ll be a while until they go into play. Once I realized they were coming I tried to get one in this month but our weekends are all jammed up. I’ll definitely post more pictures when they hit the felt!!

When they are stacked up or in the box the edge spots just look awesome. Great Job!

I'm glad they didn't have this edge spot available when I did my bourbons. I probably would have went with the Tri Moons. I don't think it would have looked as good as it does with the QP's.
Totally agree Bill. Any number of edgespots are great on their own. Without executing properly that couldn't really matter.

Your BB are perfect as quarter pies (I seriously love them) and @DJ_Fett set are absolutely perfect as all tri moons.

I love the tri-moons. If/when I get a custom set I'm definitely getting at least one tri-moon if not doing the whole set like yours.

Very nice work.
I’m looking at a tri moon cash set. This may have sealed the deal for my decision.

That T1000 is so sick!! Awesome job all-around, and congratulations!
I agree. Easily my favorite chip in the set.

Thanks for the T1000 love, that was probably the one I was most excited about. Canary with imperial blue and butterscotch has been in almost every set I’ve ever mocked up

Now if CPC would just remove the brass flakes from the Canary color! :tup:

Also, as many have said before me, that T5000 is incredible too! As is the T500! I honestly love the entire set!

I was never a huge fan of 312 or 3A12, but it’s crazy how much more I like the tri moon. As a side note, the size of the spot on the edge of the chip is exactly the same between 312 and tri moon, so stacks would be identical
I love the tri-moons. If/when I get a custom set I'm definitely getting at least one tri-moon if not doing the whole set like yours.
Very nice work.
I’m looking at a tri moon cash set. This may have sealed the deal for my decision.

Very nice work.
The tri-moon is certified sexy. It really is different looking when compared to all the other options. Now if we could just figure out a way to get the shallow TRK spots...:cautious::sneaky:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom