CPC design feedback request - Rising Tide Poker (1 Viewer)

Really like that 4D18 with the light blues. A bit pricey, but oh so lovely.

Bottom, top, bottom, bottom

And it still fits. 2 1/4s- 4 1/4s (spots begin to rotate, 2 colors each foreshadowing a split) - the 4 spots split (spots shrink) - and the 4 splits become 6 (spots shrink)
I think I agree with you, the 4D18 $1 is so pretty to me. Here's the updated lineup, and I finally got around to saving with the scroll mold:

lineup.png

Fyi this is available:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cpc-mold-color-sample-set.6088/

And just to further clarify on the 1/8" spots, it's likely more of a perception kind of thing. CPC's production process involves lots of heat and pressure, pretty much all the spots squeeze and distort ever so slightly when they're pressed, to varying degrees (lots of variables involved, I won't pretend to know even half of them). I find those small distortions are slightly more noticeable on the single & double split 1/8" spots. They're probably to the same overall degree as the bigger spots, but when the spot itself is so thin, it's more visible.

Single 1/8" spots (whether single or double split single) are also slightly smaller in "depth"- they don't extend as far to the center of the chip as most other spots.
Some examples:

6DSA18 - you can see the 1/8" spots here go from the edge of the chip to about halfway to the inlay:
full

3143DS18 & 414418 - Here you can really see the "depth into the chip" difference between a 1/4" spot and a 1/8" spot:
full

4DSA316 - the 3/16" spots I mentioned in my last post extent further into the chip, very similar to the 1/4" and 1/2" spot depth:
full

No right or wrong answer here, and I obviously own lots of CPC chips with 1/8" spots and they're awesome (and you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger overall CPC supporter on this site :) ). Just wanted to point out some of the characteristics of these spots in real life vs the chip designer, you just have to remember that you're dealing with an artisan product, the chips won't look 100% like those in the chip designer.
This is very helpful. Thanks!

Hey @chipchipchip, did you end up ordering your set?

I stumbled onto your thread for whatever reasons, and I think it is splendid. Good theme and story, attention to meaningful details, and a very nice example of a super cohesive limited colours palette. Contrary to the last post, I think the "do not reuse colours" taboo is given too much importance, and your set proves that it can absolutely work. Sure, there is a lot of blue, buy hey, it is a nautical theme.

Anyway, I think it is a gorgeous set, and I was curious to see how it turned out once made.

Hey gang, I'm still working on this behind the scenes. I *might* place the order in the next few months, but I keep hemming and hawing on design, $20 vs $25, and now whether to add a $100 to future-proof things. Not to mention the thousands of dollars....

Anyway, my latest idea is fun. A non-denom "lifesaver" that could be used for all the random rabbit hunt, show-em, etc. things that might pop up, but how didn't I think of an orange with white before....

1703171759294.png
1703171824979.png

Attachments

• 1703171688901.png
    1703171688901.png
    209.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 1703171771393.png
    1703171771393.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 12
Hey gang, I'm still working on this behind the scenes. I *might* place the order in the next few months, but I keep hemming and hawing on design, $20 vs $25, and now whether to add a $100 to future-proof things. Not to mention the thousands of dollars....

Anyway, my latest idea is fun. A non-denom "lifesaver" that could be used for all the random rabbit hunt, show-em, etc. things that might pop up, but how didn't I think of an orange with white before....

View attachment 1243519View attachment 1243522
Ha! Perfect bounty or rebuy. "Lifeline! Throw it out there."

Love it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom