CPC A Mold Hot Stamped Group Buy (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw. Why are we limited to words starting with letter A?

Because the deal we were offered by CPC is for the 'A' mold only, and most of us want to tie the mold and hot stamp together thematically.
How important is it for you guys to tie the name with the A letter from the mold? In all honesty I'm not too crazy with any of these names.

Design by public committee is so entertaining to watch. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

popcorn2_zps6d769d73.gif

I don't think this project is going to go work out. I'm going to stick with it a bit longer. The timing of starting this was a poor decision on my part. With the Horse Shoes, BJ/Ceramic hybrid group buy and the recent cpc tourney group buy I think funds are just limited with most folks.

8k in chips is the minimum. However, whatever design we go with I'm sure were losing a few people that are interested which will mean hitting 8k will be even harder. I'm going to let this sit here for the weekend and reevaluate things next week.

I won't be on much do to family in town. Lots of steak/beer/ and bourbon.

Yeah, tell me about those horseshoe chips. I've spend hundreds so far and will probably spend a couple hundred more before all is said and done.

Yeah, tell me about those horseshoe chips. I've spend hundreds so far and will probably spend a couple hundred more before all is said and done.

I hear you. I bought 800 of them and want more.........

I do think the timing is probably quite poor. If you wait until after Atlantic Club delivers there will be pictures and (I suspect) many happy buyers. That might spark interest in another hotstamp GB a few months down the line. I got in on Atlantic Club, Horseshoe, and a small set of Boardwalks so I'm kind of glad this isn't going to happen any time soon.

@detroitdad might be worth you just making an executive decision on theme and getting a design together. A little bit of a gamble as you probably won't be able to recoup the design cost (if you pay a designer) unless the chips actually get made and you can split the cost per chip, but the group discussion didn't seem to get very far. If you can get another person and yourself to commit to like ~1500-2000 chips you will already be a good chunk of the way there.

How about Atlantic Club cash set? Tourneys are solids, so maybe 312, 314, or 414 for cash.

I did think about that. I don't "love" the Atlantic Club theme. Also not really interested in spots. A solid cash set is way too sexy imo :)

I passed on Atlantic Club before, and would pass here, too.

I really dig the Four aces, or Arcadia, even the stylized A. You can count me I for at least 300-500. I am not digging the Anarchy club though.

Colleen is in pre op for an out patient procedure. Figured I would Google some anarchy symbols. Here is a few that I came up with

If we we t with Anarchy, I kind of like the last one, it reminds me of the lions head stamp that some got to go with MGM chips.

Per @Pinball thread. There seems to be some interest in a hot stamp cash set. I offered to take the lead on this as long as David O assisted (and will most likely do most of the organization, THANK YOU SIR).

I will also be the one collecting all the monies, receiving the initial shipment, and handling the re shipping of the chips.

I will accept orders from anywhere in the world. Obviously if your an overseas purchaser your re shipping fees will be more expensive. You will also have to accept responsibility for the package once it leaves my house (I haven't had any issues yet with international shipping).

As you all know David Spragg announced that Hot Stamping is now officially a go at CPC. That being said there has been a bunch of interest in producing a Hot Stamp Cash chip set. I spoke to Mr. Spragg today and he will offer us the same deal he did with the Atlantic Tourney set. If we hit 8000+ chips he will cover all dies and surcharges. In turn he will also own the rights to the dies. This has to be on the "A" Mold.

I have volunteered (with David O's help) to help get this started so here is a first post to help us get started and in the right direction for a finished product.

We will iron out cost and everything later in a GB Thread once we can all come to an agreed upon product for production. This is the hardest thing to do when you have so many ideas floating around out there. So here goes the next step to fruition.

1. Please state your interest in this thread. Please be honest because the final amount will dictate if we go to production or not. Quantity will suffice for now which will give everyone time to figure out what breakdown they would be interested in ordering.

2. We will be using .25, 1, 5, 20 (optional 25 if there is enough interest), and 100 denom's.

3. Once we agree upon a name/design we will try to see what colors we should go with. I am leaning towards a cali based color. The colors of the chips aren't as important to me as the design (within reason).

Or major obstacles will be name/design and Colors.

Remember I am only acting as a facilitator at this time so Please bear with me. Also If I leave someones input out please know it is not intentional!!!

We have a bunch of work ahead of us and our goal is 8000 + chips

Lets use this thread as an interest thread and an initial design thread. If you have an idea of how many chips you will want please post this. Again, this is just an "interest" thread. I know there could be 27 different things that could cause you to opt out of this when the time comes to make a decision .

At this point, I will take design suggestions from anyone. Whether you plan on buying a set or not.

I'm in for 500-600 chips. Maybe more if I "LOVE" the design.

Maybe something like this?

@David O

View attachment 59116

@David Spragg any tips/suggestions/comments?

current tentative count: 3900-4700 chips.

Me-500
@catalyzeme 500
@MD Mike 300?
@suited67 300-500
@FCCDAD 300-500
@SEQLAR 300-400
@PhilLaFond 300-500
@Zedlavo 600
@Chbyfngr 1000
@cjspeed 300-500

BGinGA medium sized set pending Anarchy Club/Cali Colors
@ChaosRock 0-800

List of potential names/themes

Azure Poker Room
Arcadia Poker Room ***
The Aristocrat Social Club ***
Absinthe Room
Andromeda cardroom
Four Aces Invite Only Cardroom ***
Four Aces Social Club ***
The Apex Club ***
Archon Club (Archon = A force to be reckoned with) ***
Ambrosia Club
The Aphelion
The Anarchy Club *** (my favorite as of now)
Any Two Cards ***

I updated the potential quantities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom