CPC A Mold Hot Stamped Group Buy (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw. Why are we limited to words starting with letter A?

Most of us would like some relationship between the "A" mold and the name/theme of the chip.

Because the deal we were offered by CPC is for the 'A' mold only, and most of us want to tie the mold and hot stamp together thematically.

this
I do think the timing is probably quite poor. If you wait until after Atlantic Club delivers there will be pictures and (I suspect) many happy buyers. That might spark interest in another hotstamp GB a few months down the line. I got in on Atlantic Club, Horseshoe, and a small set of Boardwalks so I'm kind of glad this isn't going to happen any time soon.

@detroitdad might be worth you just making an executive decision on theme and getting a design together. A little bit of a gamble as you probably won't be able to recoup the design cost (if you pay a designer) unless the chips actually get made and you can split the cost per chip, but the group discussion didn't seem to get very far. If you can get another person and yourself to commit to like ~1500-2000 chips you will already be a good chunk of the way there.

I agree. Hell, I've said as much. I think I'm going to reach out to a few designers and get their input. I won't be getting 1500 chips though lol. 500-700 pending on if I sell the Samurai Palace chips or not (which I'm leaning towards).

I passed on Atlantic Club before, and would pass here, too.

don't worry, its not going to happen. I wasn't a fan either.

Do people come to any agreements here on this forum?

Yes they do. However, these chips are not cheap. I get that everyone has different wants and needs. If this goes through then great. If it doesn't, oh well. I will still have had fun trying to organize it. Worse case scenario I will have some solid ideas if I ever can afford a custom hot stamp set on my own.

I really dig the Four aces, or Arcadia, even the stylized A. You can count me I for at least 300-500. I am not digging the Anarchy club though.

I think for this group buy to have a shot we will have to stay with a form of the stylized "A" and no actual name on it. Then my set could still be "Anarchy", yours could be Arcadia, ect.....Now saying that. I would like to see a mock up with a large stylized A on one side, and a denom and a small stylelized A on the other side (@ChaosRock :)

View attachment 61241

I don't have a stake in this, but I was bored at work on Friday... How about "American Underground"?
Oh and LOL at me with having "underground" backwards, I suck.

I still prefer Anarchy. This is pretty solid. Thanks.

We're maybe halfway to voting on our preferred designs.

Were between 3900 and 4800 in committed chips. You have to remember, whatever design that we end up going with were probably losing 500+ committed chips due to not everyone liking it. Realistically we probably need 9k worth of committed chips. I still might fire up a poll later today/tomorrow just to see where were at.

First time I've seen this thread!

Quick update - while we would cover the die and setup costs at 8,000 chips I think we could afford to cover half those costs if you only got to between 5000 & 8000. That would only add approx 3c a chip.

In fact if you are only having 5 denoms it would probably only be 2c a chip extra for 5000 or 3c if you only get to 4000. Couldn't do anything for less than that qty though.

Btw, I designed the Atlantic's. (someone in the thread asked)

Last edited:
The first two things we need to do is wait and see if there is even any interest for this. Then we need to come up with a theme, name, ect....

To start out. I'm going to pull a few names from the poll that led to the Atlantic tourney set http://www.pokerchipforum.com/threa...erest-design-and-name-poll.12467/#post-199019.

These are just suggestions. I'd love to hear some other, unique, and creative suggestions. We will also need someone to do a rough mock up. @David O who did the mock ups for the Atlantic set?

Great Lakes (which being from Michigan I kind of like :) )

Royal Cardroom

Jokers Club (I kind of like this one)

Gamblers Lounge

I googled some slang names http://www.badbeatpokershirts.com/pokerhandnicknames.htm

Steel Wheel Lounge

Dead Man's Room

Double Gutshot Club

The Hellroy (Q/9)

Noah's Ark (four of a kind lol).

Again, anyone sound off on a theme, name, idea, ect.....

Aztec or Azteca Club

Aztec or Azteca Club
Surprised no one thought of this before. Aztec themed would be in line with Cali colored chips too. Pyramid or some other Aztec design on the chip would look cool.
IMG_0297.JPG

Just throwing stuff out.... None of which are good ideas, Haaaa! Maybe the pig one for myself.

-A's in the hole (pun intended)

-Arsenal room

images

-Angry pig or (aces, joker, Jacks, kings...)
upload_2016-11-17_18-58-58.jpeg

-

Anarchy Club.

The first rule of Anarchy Club is,
There are no rules in Anarchy Club.

The second rule of Anarchy Club is,
Always break the rules.
Except for rule #1.

How about Ante Club.

The pun fits better for anarchy - I think an organization of anarchists is kind of an oxymoron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom