Controversial Chip & Poker Opinions (10 Viewers)

LOL...I just saw a post where someone has 2 racks of the same chip...asking more for the murdered rack than the unadulterated rack. LIke they put in work?!?

(For the record, I am great with anyone doing whatever they want to do with chips that they purchase. Just please don't think you added value by messing with them.)
Except... depending on the buyer, they probably did. Now I'm not saying they should get every penny back they spent having them milled or murdered. And also, if they've been relabeled, don't try to ask for what you spent relabeling them. Nobody wants your personal custom labels. (generally)

But If I'm looking for a chip to put into a custom set, as opposed to just wanting the original inlay, I will absolutely pay a little more for a chip that's already been milled or murdered. Because it's going to save me time, trouble and postage in the long run over buying the same chip unaltered.

alfred hitchcock murder GIF

Okay, I don't know what I did other than just state a controversial opinion as that's what this thread is about. I'm not trying to pick fights or poke at anybody, so I'll just bow out of this thread...LOL! I guess my comment is definitely controversial... :cool

Oh, one more controversial opinion, or at least seems contradictory/funny to me: People that consider leaded Paulsons to be preferable due to the weight, but then order dayglo base colored CPC sets.

Okay, I don't know what I did other than just state a controversial opinion as that's what this thread is about. I'm not trying to pick fights or poke at anybody, so I'll just bow out of this thread...LOL! I guess my comment is definitely controversial... :cool

Oh, one more controversial opinion, or at least seems contradictory/funny to me: People that consider leaded Paulsons to be preferable due to the weight, but then order dayglo base colored CPC sets.
Controversial opinions get pushback. It's the whole reason to post them and tell people to eat a bag of dicks. That's why it's so fun. We all hate each other here....

I don’t know how many people actually care about weight - although I can appreciate heavier chips, it doesn’t matter much once you’re playing. We love to post weights just to have some kind of measuring stick. But I don’t think many people seriously care about the difference between 9.5g and 8.5g.

I don’t know how many people actually care about weight - although I can appreciate heavier chips, it doesn’t matter much once you’re playing. We love to post weights just to have some kind of measuring stick. But I don’t think many people seriously care about the difference between 9.5g and 8.5g.
I misread this as "measuring dick", but that's also how I perceive many of the posts with weights. :oops:

I tend to agree with the smaller differences, but I think most of us probably notice major differences.

I know when I pick up a stack of 8 chips to put in a shuffle pile I notice and appreciate the heavier chips.

I categorize them in 3 groups: noticeably light (under 9g), normal (~9-10.5g), and noticeably heavy (above 10.5g).

Controversial opinions get pushback. It's the whole reason to post them and tell people to eat a bag of dicks. That's why it's so fun. We all hate each other here....
I was going to post this exact thing @extreme517 Your post got a ton of pushback, which only means it was a highly successful post. The worst is to post something you think is controversial, then have everyone here ignore it. In this instance, you win!

but you're still wrong... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

LOL...I just saw a post where someone has 2 racks of the same chip...asking more for the murdered rack than the unadulterated rack. LIke they put in work?!?

(For the record, I am great with anyone doing whatever they want to do with chips that they purchase. Just please don't think you added value by messing with them.)

It all depends on the chip. A lot of chips people like with the sole intention of murdering them anyways so if they are already murdered then it saves you some work.

Other chips people don’t want murdered so selling them murdered won’t fetch what they would be if original. (ie my pca $25s which I didn’t murder but someone else did only sold for 3/5th the cost the originals did)

Oh, I have yet another controversial opinion:

Dayglo peach is NOT the best CPC Cali colored $5. In fact, CPC has 4 or 5 colors MORE yellow than dayglow peach, which is ORANGE.

Dayglo peach is the PCF bastardized $5 color, NOT a Cali color.

(For the record, I like the Tiger Palace VIP2 $5...in fact, VIP2 cash set is the nuts.)

Dayglo peach is NOT the best CPC Cali colored $5. In fact, CPC has 4 or 5 colors MORE yellow than dayglow peach, which is ORANGE.

(For the record, I like the Tiger Palace VIP2 $5...in fact, VIP2 cash set is the nuts.)
Which CPCs are more yellow?
State them, watch the controversy flow!

No. It's the best one color.
IMG_20200605_172519.jpg

Which CPCs are more yellow?
State them, watch the controversy flow!
Canary
Yellow
Butterscotch
Dayglo Yellow
Dayglo Saturn
Dayglo Arc Yellow

Also, back in the day arc yellow was always considered the nuts for ASM/CPC colors It's weird to me that it changed to peach somewhere along the way. Peach is a good edge spot on a green chip... that's about it. LOL

Canary
Yellow
Butterscotch
Dayglo Yellow
Dayglo Saturn
Dayglo Arc Yellow

Also, back in the day arc yellow was always considered the nuts for ASM/CPC colors It's weird to me that it changed to peach somewhere along the way. Peach is a good edge spot on a green chip... that's about it. LOL
Looks great with Peacock

IMG_3747.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom