Considerations for selling chip sets (1 Viewer)

I had my first international shipping experience yesterday and was able to print everything at home. Shipped USPS to Canada and created the label through paypal shipping. All I had to do was declare the category and value of the contents. I cannot speak to shipping to other countries, but it did not require additional forms, but just printed my customs declaration on the label right next to the recipient's address. In previous sales I was hesitant to ship outside the US due to my unfamiliarity with the process. I assumed it would be much more time consuming and I would have to go into the post office to fill out customs forms, but was pleasantly surprised it only took about 30 additional seconds.
Shipping internationally with PayPal is SUPER easy. Like 10x easier than any other way I’ve done (USPS online or in person, Fedex, UPS, etc). The process is the same for all countries. Highly suggest it.

As far as I know they don't allow it because of Customs. The next time I am there and there isn't a loooooong line ( doesn't happen often) I will ask.

If they do allow it, I can assure you that they do not make it easy....
International shipping from usps to anywhere in the world is easy as pie. Prints all required paperwork.

Shipping internationally with PayPal is SUPER easy. Like 10x easier than any other way I’ve done (USPS online or in person, Fedex, UPS, etc). The process is the same for all countries. Highly suggest it.
Never tried it from PP, but next time I will. Thanks for the heads up

International shipping from usps to anywhere in the world is easy as pie. Prints all required paperwork.
Will try it next time

Here’s the thing I am uncomfortable with regarding intl shipping. Almost every time I’ve been asked to give a lesser amount than paid to avoid customs fees. While I may or may not have done it in the past I’m wondering if you can get caught doing that and what the penalty would be. And then if you declare a 30$ value you can only insure the package for that 30$. Bummer if it gets lost.

The only other thing that concerns me about international shipping is the following……..
4BFAFA9D-BB23-462A-8C5A-BBA9F2BC56CF.jpeg

Here’s the thing I am uncomfortable with regarding intl shipping. Almost every time I’ve been asked to give a lesser amount than paid to avoid customs fees. While I may or may not have done it in the past I’m wondering if you can get caught doing that and what the penalty would be. And then if you declare a 30$ value you can only insure the package for that 30$. Bummer if it gets lost.
The last precedent I could find for that is hideously expensive; a corporation ended up having $1.1M seized for misdeclaring down by 99% on an international transaction ($90K real value), might actually be a felony with jail time for individuals. I'm not a lawyer, just a guy interested in not going to prison.

@RivieraDanny hey Tom how do you ship from PayPal?? I can’t find it !!

May have found it by now, but I could never find it either. I saved the link way back and always just click to get there. Make sure you are logged into your paypay account already before clicking the link or it will just take you to your homepage; or once you are logged in click the link again and it should bring you right there.

https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom