ClubD add-on Opinions/Thoughts Please (1 Viewer)

bsdunbar1

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I want to add on some small quantities to the ClubD set. I don't want to just add more chips, I would like some chips to be just a little different and mix them in at about a 20% ratio to the originals.

My worry is if adding some chips with a subtle inlay change and subtle spot differences would change the overall look/feel/vibe of the set.

My thought is making these 2 changes -
1) Make the logo larger. Only the logo as large as possible on one side and only the denom on the other.
2) Same spot colors, but using 4DSA18 spot pattern instead of 6D18.
OR
3) only change the inlay or the spot pattern but not both.

Any & All thoughts/comments/opinions welcome. I am ready to pull the trigger since David's post about prices going up, but just am not sure.

Originals - Same on both sides, 6D18 + 8D18 on the 5k

Clubd.png

Proposed add-on - Different inlay on side A & side B, 4DSA18 + 6DSA18 on the 5k

Secondary.png

IMG_0831.JPG

Bill, your current set is awesome. I see why you want to add on to it with upcoming price increases, but my vote is for more of the same. It seems like there might be some subtle irregularity within stacks if your plan is to mix these in with your existing set (as opposed to using them as secondarys). As example...I am picturing that stack of current hundos with four of the new ones right in the middle of it...I would personally not mess with the spots. Inlay change wouldn’t tilt me as much and I suspect most players wouldn’t notice that change, just not needed imho.

I think as long as you keep the base colour the same, you should be able to change the inlay, spot colour, and spot pattern to your hearts content. There have been reports of forum members mixing up their Primary and Secondary Jack Detroit during games without difficulty. (Their inlays are exactly the same, to be clear.)

I lean towards only changing the inlay - but it wouldn't tilt me if you also changed the spot pattern. Your suggestion is subtle enough that only a scrub donkey would really notice. Keeping the colors all the same - that's the most important IMO.

I did mix the two up in stacks and think it is pretty irrelevant, you have to really look to find them. The only reason I was thinking about a using this spot pattern was to mix a little base color in between the spots, and again just to have a few chips a little different.

Dirty.png

Proposed add-on - Different inlay on side A & side B, 4DSA18 + 6DSA18 on the 5k

Secondary.png
I like this add-on a LOT. Especially in small numbers, it will add a bit of flair and fun to the set. Both the new patterns and inlays go great with the existing chips.

Maybe keep the same spot pattern but change the inlay to make some « commemorative » chips ?

This is what will most likely happen.
I have been back and forth between changing the spot pattern and what that does to the set overall.

Decided to keep the same spot pattern and just change the inlay for a 20% mixture to the originals for something a little different
I really thought about it & was just too worried about it changing the feel to the whole set going away from all 6D18/8D18's.
Add-Ons ordered, now the waiting game :nailbite:

1579272396898.png

1579272418132.png

1579272438268.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom