Club Hel: Choice is an Illusion (CPC) pr0n! (6 Viewers)

Some more delicious blacklight pics before I go to sleep.

_DSC0086r=2048w.jpg

_DSC0089r=2048w.jpg

_DSC0093r=2048w.jpg

_DSC0094r=2048w.jpg

Love this set!! I frowned hard the day I checked the sample thread and saw I was too late to order. But thats all good, perhaps I'll find one in the future.

Feeling this set has some strong HOF future potential. Shame about the spinners though. Do other designers on the H-mold come across this same problem?

Reactions: Nex
Going with David's most likely explanation of how the spinners came to be, this is not an issue with the particular mold or anything in the manufacturing process but rather exposure to extreme temperatures.

Right now we have -9 degrees celsius outside here; over the day it wasn't that much warmer, and it's been like this since a few days already. Apparently no good for inlaid clay chips, but what could you do? They gotta deliver them somehow.

Going with David's most likely explanation of how the spinners came to be, this is not an issue with the particular mold or anything in the manufacturing process but rather exposure to extreme temperatures.

Right now we have -9 degrees celsius outside here; over the day it wasn't that much warmer, and it's been like this since a few days already. Apparently no good for inlaid clay chips, but what could you do? They gotta deliver them somehow.

Interesting, thats unfortunate. But ya learn more about chips every day. I think tonight I'm gonna try an experiment and throw an HHR in the freezer to see what happens.

Haha Nex this is so cool. I am so upset I missed out on samples.

I had a SRV custom set planned a couple of years back and was so keen to try to make each chip relate to each of Stevie's main guitars but with the colours of his guitars it proved difficult to accomplish. Then the plans got put on hold (and still are), anyway.

As others have mentioned, it's fantastic how much thought you've put into each and every chip!

This is how you take pron images ! Love this set and love the photos

Almost unrelated to the beautiful pron, where did you find those 1000pcs chip carriers? Is there a vendor in Europe that has them?

Nope, bought them on eBay from two US sellers with the global shipping program. There was a German store that used to sell them but they've taken it out of stock a while ago.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/252401360934
https://www.ebay.de/itm/282312441303

Those two sellers I've made good experiences with.
Just buy from whoever has the cheaper total price at the time you need it - price, shipping and customs always seem to fluctuate.

Club Hel has now proper mobility!
(For a 1-table cash game subset, that is. Might however be able to fit a 1 table tournament set along that.)

Pelican 1510, picked after seeing quite a bunch of people here recommend it.

Neatly fits 1200 chips. Cut out the foam in rack-sized blocks, so could stuff in two more racks with the same setup by removing another foam block. If I flip the whole layout around - accessory compartment to the left - I could remove yet another block to add another two racks. Also,it seems like I could even stack these 4 racks high and still be able to close the lid, upping capacity to a whopping 2000 chips. Not sure though if the padding would still be sufficient in that case.

Side compartment fits one double deck setup of bridge size cards, two single poker size decks, cut cards, a dealer button, a waiter's purse for the bank and change (also contains pen&paper for bookkeeping), and a third lock to go with a yet-to-be-purchased steel wire that I can use to affix the whole case to something.

DSC_0187_20180404_224643.jpg

DSC_0188_20180404_224650.jpg

Was also thinking about having a vinyl sticker made for the lid, just plain white on the black case.

Sticker_Pelican1510_WelcomeToHel.png

Last edited:
Since it was time to replace my old car anyway, I had a totally legit reason to pick some new customized license plate codes :)
Can't get too far with only two letters (and four digits) to customize, but the intent counts!

Chip covers a sticker that signifies when the next general inspection is due, which always has a different color every year. Sadly I'm hit with a blue one now but I'll get a fitting green one in four years :p

DSC_0192-1r.jpg

Last edited:
I’m pretty wedded to my Paulson sets, but I must say I do have an unfulfilled lust for those weighted CPCs with their brass flecks.

Bored last evening, made a small setup.

New $25 and $100 likely still taking a few months. When I get them, I'll do a full photoshoot again - this time with more care for subjects first (wipe dust off, slight oiling, careful rotation of chips to show their best side), much better photo equipment than back in 2018, and more care for camera settings too.

Will be a challenge to get the full set in one photo. After the add-on arrives I'll be up to 3800 chips, not counting the undenominated designs and extras. My backdrop sheets aren't infinitely large...

85A_6898r=2048t.jpg

[Nikon D850 + Tamron 90mm f2.8 1:1 Macro / 1/200 @ f3.8, ISO 1800]
Could have used a tripod to get an ISO 64 shot without any noise in it (and perhaps with a slightly wider DoF too), but I feel like that would give a slightly weird look for such a low-light setting. To be perfectly honest though, I just couldn't arse myself to set up the tripod, remote release and shooting in full manual mode... I'll experiment a bit more. Can always add realistic looking grain/noise in post after all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom