Cancelled Windwalker's 5000th Post Mega Sample Set Sale: Cocaine Giraffes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just 23 so far!

I thought this might have more interest at $175 for a sample set, but I might have been wrong. Will leave it up for a couple more days and if there’s no movement, I’ll take it down.

Just 23 so far!

I thought this might have more interest at $175 for a sample set, but I might have been wrong. Will leave it up for a couple more days and if there’s no movement, I’ll take it down.
Wouldn't breaking a barrel of each denom suffice to make samples? Then you would have 80 spares for each denom. :cool

I call that a win win scenario in my book.

do I hear $150 per set

1654915533981.png

LOL J/K very nice of you Krish they are awesome

The fact that this isn't at 100 dibs yet but you can't get Jim sale $5 for less then 350 a rack? Something is wrong here guys haha
I buy samples, but I'm not sure what I'm missing (hope this isn't taken as a thread crap, seriously curious). They are bright colours and crazy inlay on 6 original chips, can't be that rare if we're talking about putting 100 into the market.

I cane easily see $50-60 but I can't get to $150. Can anyone sell me on these?

Me too, if these have a unique history or some other defining value point, I'd love to know more about them. Thanks!

can't be that rare if we're talking about putting 100 into the market.

Grant, I think the difference here is between “rare” and “scarce”. Since I own the overwhelming bulk of these chips (they were first set I truly went all out on trying to assimilate), the price is simply a reflection of what it would take for me to break 7 racks and create sample sets. I have gotten numerous requests to buy sample sets over the last 2 years, and this sale is a bit of an experiment to see if I could sell 100 of them at a time.

I personally don’t collect sample sets, so I don’t understand the allure, but I figured if people were interested, they’d sign up for one.

In terms of price / value, I think it’s a murky equation. If it’s not worth it to someone, they won’t sign up. If it is, they will. I just have a minimum I’m willing to take in order to break up racks, and this was the price, that’s all.

There are some threads that discuss the history (or non-history) of this card room, and what led to the existence of less than 6000 chips in total from here.

Sample sets have sold for all kinds of prices on PCF, but perhaps they really only have a few buyers at higher prices. Like I said, this was just an experiment. If it work, great. If it doesn’t, I’ll gladly keep the 7 racks.

Grant, I think the difference here is between “rare” and “scarce”. Since I own the overwhelming bulk of these chips (they were first set I truly went all out on trying to assimilate), the price is simply a reflection of what it would take for me to break 7 racks and create sample sets. I have gotten numerous requests to buy sample sets over the last 2 years, and this sale is a bit of an experiment to see if I could sell 100 of them at a time.

I personally don’t collect sample sets, so I don’t understand the allure, but I figured if people were interested, they’d sign up for one.

In terms of price / value, I think it’s a murky equation. If it’s not worth it to someone, they won’t sign up. If it is, they will. I just have a minimum I’m willing to take in order to break up racks, and this was the price, that’s all.

There are some threads that discuss the history (or non-history) of this card room, and what led to the existence of less than 6000 chips in total from here.

Sample sets have sold for all kinds of prices on PCF, but perhaps they really only have a few buyers at higher prices. Like I said, this was just an experiment. If it work, great. If it doesn’t, I’ll gladly keep the 7 racks.
Thanks for the thorough explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom