CLOSED - Group Buy for Warneke 100 count 'Paulson-Type' Chip Storage Boxes (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: I was over thinking it o_O

Looks great.!

Last edited:
Extra tape on edges and corners and I'm okay with shipping in the original boxes. Also maybe add couple of sheets of newspaper or something on the top to protect against any exposure from the top of the box.

Huge thanks Andrew, reshipping these looks like a massive job. (y) :thumbsup:

I think as long as you tape the crap out of all the seams, edges and corners, it'll be fine. And I'm happy to pay for and extra roll of tape per box as extra insurance against the elements and the shipping company :) (not that you'll actually need that much tape per box).

I would like them shipped on how they should be assembled... bottoms on the bottom, inserts in the middle, and tops on top. please make this happen.

... nah, I'm just F*&kin' with ya. I think it looks good. They are just boxes. if a box gets bent, so be it. If 50 of the 200+ you send me make it, that is all I care about. the others in my group can go F^&k themselves.

:LOL: :laugh::LOL: :laugh::LOL: :laugh::LOL: :laugh:

When you get to mine, I unfortunately need them put in a garbage bag or something anti-moisture. My carrier has an awful habit of putting packages in the one spot in my driveway where when it rains, puddles get created. I've had to return some electronics to Amazon that weren't packaged properly.

When you get to mine, I unfortunately need them put in a garbage bag or something anti-moisture. My carrier has an awful habit of putting packages in the one spot in my driveway where when it rains, puddles get created. I've had to return some electronics to Amazon that weren't packaged properly.

...or just tape the package until it's waterproofed. (y) :thumbsup:

also, how badly have you pissed off your carrier that they put a package on the driveway, in a puddle?

Put up some barrier cones when you are expecting a delivery on days where rain is forecast. :rolleyes:

Extra tape on edges and corners and I'm okay with shipping in the original boxes. Also maybe add couple of sheets of newspaper or something on the top to protect against any exposure from the top of the box.
tape the package until it's waterproofed.
I think as long as you tape the crap out of all the seams, edges and corners, it'll be fine. And I'm happy to pay for and extra roll of tape per box as extra insurance against the elements and the shipping company

^^ All of this. Tape is cheap insurance. Send me a bill.

^^ All of this. Tape is cheap insurance. Send me a bill.

No sweat there...

I've always been a bit of an over-taper on packages. 1. For basic package integrity/security, and 2. So there are no sharp cardboard egdes that might inflict pain on the delivery-person, and cause them to throw/kick/punch the box in anger. :|

Maybe that seems silly, but I know how cardboard cuts can piss me off, and I figure throwing a little respect to the carrier might go a long way.

You got it.

I think as long as you tape the crap out of all the seams, edges and corners, it'll be fine. And I'm happy to pay for and extra roll of tape per box as extra insurance against the elements and the shipping company :) (not that you'll actually need that much tape per box).

shipping 200 - i am good with this. Thanks!

I think placing the box as packaged inside another box with foam separators at the corners, a 1" air gap surrounding it, and a waterproof lining is the proper protection for some cardboard boxes. Let's be safe here.

I think placing the box as packaged inside another box with foam separators at the corners, a 1" air gap surrounding it, and a waterproof lining is the proper protection for some cardboard boxes. Let's be safe here.

Happy to do this, but this will create significant shipping delays. If everyone is on board ... I'm happy to put in the extra time/labor.

Poll?

If a box manufacturer can't create a shipping box that can withstand a little rain, then they have bigger fuckin problems. No extra taping needed for mine. Ship that shit as-is.

Nah... I think the tape is necessary. These things are HEAVY. Gotta make sure she holds up for the trip!! Besides, taping is easy. (y) :thumbsup:

Please use this stuff for my box. Thx!

flex-tape-8_1000.jpg

j/k - i'm cool with whatever you gotta do to make this as easy as possible for you.

Please use this stuff for my box. Thx!

We just saw that commercial last night for the first time!

As great as it looks, if you're going to use it, please don't charge it to @bentax1978's account. At $20/roll, even with the second roll free if you call within the next 15 minutes, my tape fund can't support it.

Hey @justsomedude, I noticed a void area a few inches wide in the 'middle' layer of boxes (I marked up a screenshot with Windows Snipping Tool below).

A couple questions/thoughts:
Do you think it might help to put something in the void area (to protect the edge of the middle boxes / to keep the middle layer from shifting around), like a few pages of crumpled newspaper. If you don't think it's a problem, I'll trust your judgement. I totally understand it would be a pain to open up all the boxes if it wasn't necessary.
Maybe send the first few deliveries to some of the closer addresses, to get some quick feedback on how the shipping/packing held up. If those shipments make it there no problem, then there'll be no problem.

upload_2017-8-18_16-58-42.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom