CLOSED - Group Buy for Warneke 100 count 'Paulson-Type' Chip Storage Boxes (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about MM. Does it qualify?

Media Mail®
2-8 Business Days

Media Mail is a cost-effective way to send educational materials. This service has restrictions on the type of media that can be sent. From $2.63 at a Post Office.

Notes

Perfect for sending books and educational materials.

Commercial Pricing Available
Rules & Restrictions

Maximum weight is 70 lbs.

The material sent must be educational media. Video games, computer drives, or digital drives of any kind are not items qualified for mailing at Media Mail prices.

Assembling these boxes will be very educational...

I'm going to guess that the flattened boxes weigh about the same as similar sized textbooks so I'm guessing the risk is nominal. And the difference between $5 and $50 in shipping is worth the small risk. We are all gamblers here, right?

May be best just go with something legit. Wouldn't want to see all of these end up lost/returned to sender.

Looks like MM is going to be the ticket.

Box weight (200pcs): 23lb 6oz
Dimensions (approx): 16"x13"x11"

upload_2017-8-7_12-10-31.png

upload_2017-8-7_12-9-19.png

Fuck legit. If you can mark mine as "Human Organs" to get them here for free, do it!

(I'm actually a nerd and have no problem paying full price - Andrew's decision)

I don't want any cops showing up at my door. You can mark mine Tofu. Damn thing certainly tastes like cardboard :LOL: :laugh:

I don't know they scan them but I've had mail refused before because I sent it media mail and it wasn't educational or some of sort of book or magazine.

I'm going to guess that the flattened boxes weigh about the same as similar sized textbooks so I'm guessing the risk is nominal. And the difference between $5 and $50 in shipping is worth the small risk. We are all gamblers here, right?

Lying on a post office form is a Federal crime. How many years are you willing to risk in federal prison for falsifying government documents? How many years are worth $45?

Should I set up a poll? What do you guys want to do here?

FedEx seems to be cheapest for "full rate" ground.

upload_2017-8-7_12-43-55.png

Media Mail is an option, albeit riskier.

Print out a small book (like a couple page pamphlet) with some basic poker strategy and rules and then ship the book with 100 pieces of cardboard on each side to protect it during transit.

Problem solved.

Or find a large lot of cheap poker books (like this one that happens to be right in my neighborhood) and stick one book in each box. The fact that we're overly protective of poker books and use amble packing material around them shouldn't be held against us :)

https://albany.craigslist.org/bks/d/poker-library-about-90-books/6238152176.html

Also if you have an account or you can open one with UPS or FedEx I have heard you save a bunch if you print the labels and then take the parcel to them over having them produce the labels. I have heard you can save up to 50%. Might be worth checking into.

My opinion is that we go legit with this. Since the beginning, the estimate was about $50 a box for shipping. If @justsomedude rolls up to the post office with a half ton of boxes, all with media mail labeling on them, on top of being illegal, our packages will be audited simply out of spite.

For the record I was being somewhat facetious in my previous posts; I'm completely fine with whatever method of shipping @justsomedude decides to go with.

UPS is saying about $39 from Denver to Cleveland (residential) at rack rate pricing, so if someone with an account gets it cheaper then that's a consideration. But I'm with the group - go legit. I planned on about $50 in shipping. Any less than that is a bonus.

Wait, no. Fuck that. We're extremists. Go UPS Next Day Air Early. Only $245.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom