Giveaway ***Closed*** 12 Days of PCF Giveaway - Day #5 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenn and I had recently moved to Florida, we were renting a house in Brandon and I wanted to start hosting a home game, but would need to close the door to the room to keep the cats out while we played, which would make it get pretty hot in there.

So I bought a window A/C unit for the room, only to discover that the windows only opened halfway, not all the way (had never encountered that in any other place we had been in) so a member on this forum who lived in the Tampa area offered me a portable A/C unit he had that he wasn't using that would fit.

It was a $500 piece of equipment, and the dude just gave it to me, didn't know me from Adam, had never met, just said "here ya go". I was absolutely blown away by the generosity.

Back in August, my daughter was back at college and she mentioned wanting a set of chips so that her and her friends could hold a regular (friendly) game. I reached out to the forum for assistance in locating a reasonably priced set that could take a beating, and while there were several that offered sage advice and/or directed me to various chips for sale, one member went above and beyond and not only offered to provide me with a set of chips without charge, but steadfastly refused to accept reimbursement for shipping from me despite my argument.

@PAZ not only sent the chips, he sent a card set up and dealer buttons for her as well. My daughter and her friends have thoroughly enjoyed the chips, and have been making some good memories. I wanted to offer thanks to all that assisted, but especially @PAZ who's generosity towards someone he never met was above and beyond what could be expected of any person.

19DA839D-4954-41FF-975B-A569C203EA50.jpeg

If I win, I primarily want the dbs
I might a few extras if you don’t get them here, I will need to check when I get home, but shoot me a pm if you don’t get them here.

I want to thank @Marhault for sending me my first sample set ever of these bad boys, I still need to take that picture I was talking about doing and thanks to @Sparty for selling me a set of these Scrubbish chips :cool

Final thank you to @everyone for being so amazing on this forum site and helping me open my blind eyes.

Edit: How can I forget @Ben8257, thanks again my friend for helping me out :tup:

Last edited:
Please do not put me down for the giveaway, but I wanted to say thanks:

A few months ago, I won an auction on here, and later that day something happened that made it such that buying the chips would have been temporarily awkward for me. The next 2 highest bidders didn’t want them for their bids anymore. So I paid the seller and cursed my impulsiveness.

I explained to the seller that I was going to immediately try to turn them around at a loss, and asked if he would be willing to ship them straight to whoever bought them from me.

He sent me my money back.

I simply cannot imagine that happening anywhere else but here at PCF.
Thank you.

Thanks to all of those who helped at MinneMania, especially grill master K9 Mark!

I don't have any funny stories yet, so I'll just thank the whole community (and @Tommy, especially) for providing such entertaining and resourceful content. This community has such knowledge and passion for chips that I've not encountered in other places. Definitely feel like I learn something every time I visit!

Thanks to my shipping receivers @Jeff, @k9dr, @detroitdad who hold my stuff for me until I can get to their location to pick it up. Shipping to Canada is not only expensive but when you get hit by the customs clearance fees it is so annoying. With the border shutdowns I decided to have my last purchase shipped to me direct and the CBSA dinged me for an extra $66. :(

Thank you everyone on here that has brought me down this bunny hole. I can show my gf the classifieds of chips that are in the thousands of dollars so I can justify my purchases

Last edited:
A lot of good deeds just with the info I received so far on this site. But my first was the very first chips I bought and they were from @HaRDHouSeiNC I received a few free chips. And if I remember right were sent from over an ocean. And I just got the feeling @HaRDHouSeiNC was excited to get chips to a new chipper, or maybe I was just excited, and it was only a handful of chips.

I am thankful for the generosity, guidance, and help of @Steppenwolf and @horseshoez; when I was hesitant 2 months ago to jump in and buy my first set. @Steppenwolf found a set and he was really generous on offering it to me; this set is so unique that today I do not want to even play with it. @horseshoez has been my sensei on my cash Jack set; he tagged me for the buy, gave me some chips of his own for me to complete my set, and every time he has something more about the Jacks.
Also I am thankful for all an each one of you that has giving me advice and even just a like to one of my comments (and mistakes ). This community is great and now I am making new friends that I hope I will get to know in person and share a game some day! Finally grateful for @shorticus for doing this... great stories all!

Happy Chipping!!!!

Thank you to everyone in the community who have been answering my stupid questions since I joined. Where can I find the full story behind these chips? Thanks in advance for whoever answers!

The story starts here:
Thread 'A bunch of Scrub Donkeys'
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/a-bunch-of-scrub-donkeys.45506/

And then turns into this:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...p-buy-closes-january-18th-midnight-cst.50003/

Which leads to this:
Post in thread 'How many sets do you have?'

From that point forward, Hammer became and active member of the forum and from my experience with him, he’s a pretty good guy. Just a reminder that everyone has a bad day, week, etc. That doesnt make them a bad person.

30K + chip group buy cause a guy called us out for being a bunch of scrub donkeys. Amazeballs!

Thanks to my shipping receivers @Jeff, @k9dr, @detroitdad who hold my stuff for me until I can get to their location to pick it up. Shipping to Canada is not only expensive but when you get hit by the customs clearance fees it is so annoying. With the border shutdowns I decided to have my last purchase shipped to me direct and the CBSA dinged me for an extra $66. :(

No worries. I still have a couple of your packages.

Like @BearMetal, I also want to echo gratitude to @T_Chan for building my dream table. It's not used as much as I'd like (thanks, COVID), but I've enjoyed putting it to use for the few games I was able to put together.

IMG_5728.jpg

Also, special thanks to @gopherblue for helping me land my AS set. Further kudos to @DMack and @toothpic for being extremely gracious with their time and advice in DM whenever I have any questions. Simple acts of kindness are never forgotten.

Finally, to the PCF community for helping me realize I've been hosting games the wrong way all these years. I never knew I needed a hot dog roller until here. You guys and gals rock!

I feel there are too many to thank here, so I won't even start because it would be unfair to the others. Luxury problem, I'd say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom