Cleaning the security dye (2 Viewers)

Mark C

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I have a set of Jack's and there is a UV dye on these chips. How can I remove that dye?

Can you take a picture of what you’re talking about? Do you mean the stuff that glows when you shine a black light on it?

At first I thought he was talking about the yellow film that comes off of the HSIs. But then realize that it was for JACK chips.

I've never seen a UV die on chips before, unless hooker juice glows under a black light...

Can you take a picture of what you’re talking about? Do you mean the stuff that glows when you shine a black light on it?
Yes the UV dye. I just had a poker tournament here in Phoenix. Was scorpion hunting and with that black light my house is glowing everywhere that people had touched and the wifey isnt happy.

Check out this image.

Attachments

• UV.jpg
    UV.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 158
Which Jacks? I believe there was some of this film on the Jack Cinci $1ks, both primary and secondary, but am not sure whether or not it was on other Jack chips. The HSIs had them on quite a few of the denominations, especially the snappers and secondary $25s.

It seems ultrasonic cleaning helped a bit, but manual scrubbing with a magic eraser or something else that's quite abrasive got rid of most of it. I would start with the latter personally.

Edit - From your last pic I'm thinking the secondary twenty-fives may have also had some of this happening. Maybe a black-light on the chips themselves will show us the main culprits.

At the good ol’ yellow stubborn film. I think I washed/cleaned a total of about 1,000 chips with this stuff on them.

You’re going to have to resort to the hand-ultrasonic-hand method. What I mean by that is, first hand wash and scrub them to death with dish soap and OxyClean. Then use an ultrasonic if you have one. Following that, revert to the hand method again to remove what’s been agitated by the ultrasonic but needs to be wiped off by hand.

Not going to sugarcoat it. Getting this stuff off is a complete bitch and it’s the most stubborn residue I’ve ever seen on a chip. Usually found on chips with bright colors; blaze orange and the like. Be sure to use new scrub towels during every phase or you’re going to rub some of it back onto the chip.

Not going to sugarcoat it. Getting this stuff off is a complete bitch and it’s the most stubborn residue I’ve ever seen on a chip.
I was so depressed when the HSI secondary 25s were found to have this problem. I tried cleaning a single chip and it took so much effort that I just put the rest of them back in their racks for another day. That day still has not come...

I was so depressed when the HSI secondary 25s were found to have this problem. I tried cleaning a single chip and it took so much effort that I just put the rest of them back in their racks for another day. That day still has not come...

Same. Was helping my neighbor clean his. He found out by accident when he was trying to clean food stains off some of them. Next thing he knows, the white rag was bright yellow.

I’ve found that most bright chips have this problem. I’ve found it on many chips including the HSI primary 25s, HSI secondary snappers, Jack Cincy 25’s, and Horseshoe Cincy 25’s.

I’ve hand cleaned them with magic eraser and it seems to make it better for a bit but then if you check a few days later, it’s still there. I don’t think there’s a way to get rid of it completely so I’ve just accepted it. It’s not like it shows without the use of a blacklight or anything.

Agreed. The iPhone has trouble capturing all the marks on the outside of the box, but it’s covered in fingerprints and smears of the green dust from the Primary $25s.
15578D0B-6FB1-417B-B5D7-CC60B7B45F9D.jpeg

I forgot about all of this. And I didn’t realize it was on any non-pink chips. Did these other chips have pink edge spots, and that’s where it came from?
I know there was a long thread on this, but I feel like it just fizzled. I’d love to see a definitive resource on this crap.

For me with the primary $25, I think it’s just a very bright, UV sensitive color…and the chip dust leaves smudges and smears behind.
With those pink secondary snappers, there’s clearly a yellow film that has emerged.

For me with the primary $25, I think it’s just a very bright, UV sensitive color…and the chip dust leaves smudges and smears behind.
With those pink secondary snappers, there’s clearly a yellow film that has emerged.
It does appear that it is a component of the brighter chip colors adding to the fluorescent color of them.
It gets on whatever the chips touch or what you touch after handling the chips.

Chip Case
20210303_213012.jpg

Chip Case
20210303_212935.jpg

Chip Box
20210303_212857.jpg

Carpet
20210303_212845.jpg

Drink Cart
20210303_212811.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom