Clay chip wear- different feel? (1 Viewer)

NotRealNameNoSir

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hey party people, I messed up and decided I loved the Flamingo $1, and bought some solid racks to go with it. I dont mind the wear, but they feel very different. Is this just the test of time or is there a reason they've worn so differently? The pinks are hotstamped fracs and the greens are roulettes.

Curious why the pinks and greens have such different textures when worn. Will the greens be just like the pinks with extensive use or is there another reason?

Sharper blue $1s shown for comparison.

20240128_173920.jpg
20240128_174116.jpg
20240128_174125.jpg

I feel like some Paulsons wear in a “shiny” way and others wear more “textured.” Not sure if it is due to formula differences over the years or what.

I feel like some Paulsons wear in a “shiny” way and others wear more “textured.” Not sure if it is due to formula differences over the years or what.
Yes! Good way to say it. The fracs feel more like what I think of as clay, rougher, while the roulettes have worn down more like a metal doorknob, shinier and polished. Glad I'm not crazy.

It's also the way they are used.
Roulette chips are stacked and dragged in a way during payout that wears over the entire face of the chip from chip-to-chip and chip-to-felt contact.
Most table game cash chips are stacked, splashed, tapped so that they are more prone to uneven edge wear and flea bites if clay.
I'm pretty sure roulette chips are switched out/reordered less often, too, especially since the majority of them are plastic like Bud Jones R4 series.

Huh! Okay, thanks @allforcharity and @kmccormick100 , that's helpful. I think you're both right, they feel and look different, didn't think about the usage or the LCV/SCV (didn't know what those meant until right now). I appreciate the input. I'm going to get an ultrasonic cleaner and then compare the two once I get all the gunk out of the roulettes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom