Classic Movie Monsters 1/2 Pie Set (1 Viewer)

H is better IMHO. Classic mold - classic movies, plus the whole H for Horror concept.

Keep the half-pies, Choco wolf, and a full moon Dealer Button.

I agree. I like the "H" mold for these as well. I could see a classic horror theme on the scroll mold. Old scrolls that raised the monsters from the dead, blah blah blah......:)

H is better IMHO. Classic mold - classic movies, plus the whole H for Horror concept.

Keep the half-pies, Choco wolf, and a full moon Dealer Button.

Oooh, full moon for the dealer button sounds pretty cool too. Although a dealer button with all the monsters would be neat too. Man, so many cool ideas to consider!

Since I'm on my work computer I don't have the same files as at home, so just had to grab pics again for the inlays and they aren't as well done as the others (except for the new bride, really like this version)

Anyway, here is the scroll mode version with a solid moon color for the oversized 1K chip (wish the tool would show the chip larger than the others)

scroll.png

Since I'm on my work computer I don't have the same files as at home, so just had to grab pics again for the inlays and they aren't as well done as the others (except for the new bride, really like this version)

Anyway, here is the scroll mode version with a solid moon color for the oversized 1K chip (wish the tool would show the chip larger than the others)

View attachment 19013

I'm looking at them side by side. I think you guys are right. The H mold looks better. The scroll mold doesn't seem as "fitting" once I see the inlays on them.

In all honesty on my monitor the oversize is definitely bigger than the other chips. Not by much, but you can definitely tell it's a bigger, beefier (peanut buttery!--wait, that's something else that used to be on tv) version compared to the others.

Anybody else think it looks oversize in the mock up?

In all honesty on my monitor the oversize is definitely bigger than the other chips. Not by much, but you can definitely tell it's a bigger, beefier (peanut buttery!--wait, that's something else that used to be on tv) version compared to the others.

Yes, looks over sized to me as well.

I guess you're right, I just expected it to look a lot larger for some reason, but yes, it does seem to be larger now that I've looked again (at work with lots of distractions. I need to figure out a way to monetize dreaming up fantasy chip sets so I can just do that!)

Agree about h mold looking better.
What about a plain (no mold) oversized chip? Since the chip wouldn't be a half moon and it's already different it might as well be really different.

Still really like this set.

Here are a couple of minor tweaks that I think turn post #19 into something really special:

gnu.png

Half-pies with quarter-turn (to get away from that 'portrait' look), and substituting blurple for purple (for a bit more added contrast to better match the other chips without losing the excellent bride color-matching). Brown tones are a no-brainer for Wolfman, since he doesn't have yellow hair. Frankenstein artwork still needs more of a greenish hue. Alternately, you could swap the green swamp monster to the T25 and use a black & white portrait of Frankie on the hundo (I grew up in the black & white TV era).

Last edited:
Just catching up on this thread. H-mold all the way. I like BGinGA's idea (1/4 turn, etc), but I'd be concerned about the red and brown chips being confused in a mixed pot. I suspect that I'd be relying solely on the inlay to tell them apart.

T5 and T1000 not likely to be in play simultaneously. Only in the splashed-pot pr0n shots. :cool:

BGinGA you are a genius sir!! I like the idea of Frankenstein being a higher denom than the creature anyway and it places him adjacent to his bride. Will mock up tomorrow

I like the 1/4 turn as well, but I was also thinking alternating the rotation. Mummy's runs 10 to 4, then Dracula runs 8 to 2 (which could change depending on actual final artwork.

Edit: I then realised that if the inlays are applied in the normal method, the would would naturally apply when you flip the chip over.

Here are a couple of minor tweaks that I think turn post #19 into something really special:

View attachment 19025

Half-pies with quarter-turn (to get away from that 'portrait' look), and substituting blurple for purple (for a bit more added contrast to better match the other chips without losing the excellent bride color-matching). Brown tones are a no-brainer for Wolfman, since he doesn't have yellow hair. Frankenstein artwork still needs more of a greenish hue. Alternately, you could swap the green swamp monster to the T25 and use a black & white portrait of Frankie on the hundo (I grew up in the black & white TV era).

Very cool idea. Good call!

So been fantasizing about this again, but might go with an all-tourney set that I could bring to meatups

If I go that route, how should I shift the mummy $1 and Dracula $5 chips into the equation? Was thinking:

Mummy = $5,000 since usually those chips are grey

Dracula = $25,000

For my future homegame deepstack event I could start everyone with 25K chips:

12 x green = 300
12 x black = 1200
7 x purple = 3500
5 x brown = 5000
3 x grey = 15000

That would put 250K chips into play, which would allow the 25K Dracula chips to make more sense as the event got down to the final 2?

I would probably need to purchase:

140 green (3.5k)
160 black (16k)
100 purple (50K)
100 brown (100k)
60 grey (300K)
40 red (1 million)

That would get me to 600 chips allowing me 6 unique designs in the set with CPC, and give me plenty of chips for coloring up, doing a league structure where you earn chips towards an end of season big stack championship, or just if I lose chips as time goes on.

My concern would be the 1K brown and 25K red possibly getting mixed up, although I assume they probably wouldn't see a ton of use in the same pot together where it would be a big issue?

Thoughts?

monsters.png

Here's a suggestion. Instead of using colour(ized) images of the classic monsters, maybe try to find some high-contrast black-and-white stylized version of the monsters, sort of like clip art style? You might find that black/white/greyscale images of these iconic personas may increase the "classic" look!

Here's a suggestion. Instead of using colour(ized) images of the classic monsters, maybe try to find some high-contrast black-and-white stylized version of the monsters, sort of like clip art style? You might find that black/white/greyscale images of these iconic personas may increase the "classic" look!

Those were just placeholder images, don't necessarily reflect the final version. I would either use CPC's artistic service or an outside provider to design that portion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom