Christy & Jones THC v Paulson THC (1 Viewer)

In that exchange between David and myself on the ChipBoard about the TH&C molds, David was speaking from memory, and the years cited there might not be exactly right. The Burt Co. manufactured C&J TH&C chips a bit later than 1975, and at least until 1977. Below is a Paul-Son/Burt TH&C order card for The Mint Hotel in Las Vegas from 1977.
1596322022650.png

A little Paul-Son history:

@BGinGA - I really appreciate this kind of detailed post. In the past month or so while I've been learning about poker chips, I've often wondered about the materials, methods, and technical details that go into making these odd little plastic discs, as well as the historical circumstances that gave rise to them. And when I turned to Google to look for answers, I almost always ended up reading one of your posts.

I have a question, and I hope you won't find it disrespectful... how do you know all this stuff?

Wherever your knowledge springs from, it's pretty well isolated from the modern web, or at least doesn't turn up in searches. And so I appreciate you bringing it to light here on the forum, and especially appreciate you sharing your expertise with the rest of us collectors.

[Edit: ... and I also appreciate everyone who contributes to the technical and historical knowledge base here. I know there are plenty of you; I've read a lot of your posts.]

This is a great history thread. I have a rack of lilac solids that I’m guessing are C&J chips, as they do seem slightly shinier and the hot stamps appear to coincide with other C&J chips. When I weighed them on the scale however, they come out to ~12g/chip (they are mint) but most posts state that C&J chips are generally lighter than Paulson’s. Any ideas why that is?

B02F725A-3DEF-474B-BE92-6948964A5149.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom