Chip Pricing (1 Viewer)

I don't think it is being a conspiracy theorist it is just being practical. I am so not interested in any smart appliances or Alexa type devices.

What Snowden revealed in 2013 showed that our privacy really is under attack.
how so...???

Snowden says it better than I could. I specifically like his phrasing "architecture of oppression" and the point he makes about this only getting worse from generation to generation in the future.
yeah .. I don't buy into a lot of that ...and I think that many people have taken his word as fact, when, well .. it isn't

yeah .. I don't buy into a lot of that ...and I think that many people have taken his word as fact, when, well .. it isn't

What parts don't you believe? I see a guy that left a well paying job in Hawaii and put himself at tremendous personal risk. It seems to me he is telling the truth and doesn't have motivation to lie in this scenario.

the only thing that bother's me about that auction for the Primary 1K's is he started it at $200. which is at cost. if he was just looking to sell the barrel, then put it up for sale at your cost. simple. or start the auction at $0 and see where it takes you. but since he started at $200 he was looking to see how much extra he could get out of it. that stuff i can do without, but its been said. if i dont like it, i dont have to bid on it. ill stick with that concept. just frustrating to watch.

Do an auction and don't charge the high bidder anything. (but don't tell them that until its over) :)

i dont get that... was tommy response in a PM or somthing? was it a joke? is that why he's doing the auction? if so anyone will just put $1,000,000,000 as the bid and so on and so forth if they arent gunna get charged the extra amount. i dont understand

that is asking for drama. just put em up for sale, first come first serve. but then again its none of my business how someone sell's their shit.

i dont care who is listening to me lol, as long as my alexa plays my music :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

You can log into your Amazon account and pull up a transcript of everything that was said to the device. Sometimes there are misc recordings because it wasn't sure what was said so it just records. One recording had my 4 year old talking to my wife. Its been unplugged ever since.

i dont get that... was tommy response in a PM or somthing? was it a joke? is that why he's doing the auction? if so anyone will just put $1,000,000,000 as the bid and so on and so forth if they arent gunna get charged the extra amount. i dont understand
Nobody would bid an extraneous amount if they didn't know that there would be no charge.

You can log into your Amazon account and pull up a transcript everything that was said to the device. Sometimes there are misc recording because it wasn't sure what was said so it just records. One recording had my 4 year old talking to my wife. Its been unplugged ever since.

its recording all of my cardroom transactions.... should make for a good laugh lol

that is asking for drama. just put em up for sale, first come first serve. but then again its none of my business how someone sell's their shit.

Was just trying to think of some ways around first come, first serve which exchanges chip hands to the fastest clicker/typer/longest lurker. Auctions seem to put chips in the hands of people who really want them, but possibly at a cost. His reply was from a different thread, but seemed like it could be a nice solution for people here who want to offload chips at a fair price.

You can log into your Amazon account and pull up a transcript of everything that was said to the device. Sometimes there are misc recordings because it wasn't sure what was said so it just records. One recording had my 4 year old talking to my wife. Its been unplugged ever since.

"Alexa, what are we going to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night.. try to take over the world!"

The difference is I'm selling mine at cost. Something your not familiar with.

@detroitdad I moved this here as to not trash up @WhiteMamba1646 sales thread.

Who’s cost? Where did you buy them from? What did the person who sold them to you pay for them? Somewhere along line somebody made a handsome profit on those chips. Did you flame the seller who sold them to you or the person before who sold them to the person who sold them to you? Why not?

You say I’m not familiar with selling at cost. Your completely correct, I normally sell at a loss. In the 10+ years I have been chipping I don’t think I have ever made money on any chips before BTP. I’m horrible at business. I would buy high and sell low, but it never bothered me because I wasn’t in it for the money. It’s been more than one occasion when I have sold chips at or below cost via private sale to only see them resold a couple of weeks or months later for a nice profit. It’s just the way things have worked out.

I still try to say little against flipping. It is permitted on PCF. I don't like it, but them's the rules, and a try to play by them.

Since this is a topic discussing flipping, and what seperates a "flipper" from a guy "just selling, albeit for a profit", I felt free to chime in.

Selling is a bit of a minefield. You take a risk when selling for a profit that people will lambaste you. That is why I have 3 racks of ES $5s that I am willing to sell, but have not put them in the classifieds. If I sell them, being an outspoken opponent of flipping, I'm a hypocrite. If I sell them for cost, i'm a sucker, and someone else will immediately sell them for a profit. If I keep them, I have options which $5 I use in cash games.

@Poker Zombie pretty much nailed it in the above post.

I have some extra BTP’s for sample sets. What’s the correct thing for me to do with them? Should I have auctioned them on here or eBay for maximum value? Should I have sold them at my cost just to see someone else flip them for “market price”? There are a few people around here that I would have been happy to give and or sell a sample set at cost and spread the chips through the community.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not looking for anyone’s forgiveness, permission, validation, or the like. I’m a big boy and take responsibility for my own actions. I knew when I sold those sets I was opening myself up to this. It’s just a little ironic how some people get called out and others don’t, especially some of the people talking shit- pot meet kettle.

Bill, just want to clarify that none of this is directed to you at a personal level. I would be happy to buy you a beer and discuss all the woes of the chipping community and how to fix them.

Honestly, I'm amazed at how quickly the AS market collapsed if a rack of $5s is now only worth a sample set of BTP.

What’s the correct thing for me to do with them?
Do what you want they are your chips.

Should I have sold them at my cost just to see someone else flip them for “market price”?
Not singling you out as I've heard this argument from a lot of custom owners and non-custom owners alike. If anyone wants to get their customs out on the market and isn't looking to gain sky high profits but also doesn't want someone else to turn around and flip them for the same 700-1,000% profit... then sell them and donate some/most/all (whatever) of the profits to a charity. Chips get out there, no one can ever be called a flipper, and some charity gets more funding. Simple, plain, easy.

I was just browsing the classifieds again tonight and all I can keep saying to myself is “this bubble is going to burst, I feel it”

Lol?

Last sample set of BTP went for $250 and that was for two sample sets. AS $5 in the last auction went for $470 for the rack.
It was a comment relating to Mamba's sale thread -- someone offered him a BTP sample set if nobody wanted to buy his AS rack.

I know we chippers can be flighty at times regarding new minty chips, but that would be the fastest I've seen a set fall out of favor.

Last edited:
It was a comment relating to Mamba's sale thread -- someone offered him a BTP sample set if nobody wanted to buy his AS rack.

I know we chippers can be flighty at times regarding new minty chips, but that would be the fastest I've seen a set fall out of favor.

AS won't be falling out of favour anytime soon, and if they do then there's something wrong with people. Prices might come down a little, but that set is still one of the best cash sets out there.

If they do fall out of favour then I hope I have some extra spending money, because I'll be snapping them up.

I hadn't seen that comment yet, and I don't know what Mamba's intentions are (or the other party) . With that said, that would be like saying the the BTP sample set was worth $40 because that's what @detroitdad offered. Sold/auctions tell the real story of value. Everything else is speculation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom