China clay smell (1 Viewer)

I have a set of Majestics that are going on 3 years old now. The smell had gone away for the most part. About a month or so ago I opened the case and the smell was overpowering. Then I noticed my 5s looked really dull. Picked a few out of the rack and they can be snapped in half with very little pressure now. Same thing happened with the nickels. Quarters, ones, and 25s are just fine.

Anyway, I've moved to ceramics now. Think I'm done with CCs. This is the second set that has done that to me.

I see no future market for CC if fully custom ceramic is obtainable for the same price. And that's not a bad thing.
My CC royals feel good, and sound good. I much prefer these attributes than the ceramic feel and higher pitched sound. Jmo. Fully custom ceramic is one side of the coin, the other is the feel and sound. What good is a custom chip if it doesn’t sound and feel good? I might change my tune in the future, I am eyeing up the 43mm hybrid ceramic web mold… but so far I expect my royals to be my main set for many years to come.
I have a set of Majestics that are going on 3 years old now. The smell had gone away for the most part. About a month or so ago I opened the case and the smell was overpowering. Then I noticed my 5s looked really dull. Picked a few out of the rack and they can be snapped in half with very little pressure now. Same thing happened with the nickels. Quarters, ones, and 25s are just fine.

Anyway, I've moved to ceramics now. Think I'm done with CCs. This is the second set that has done that to me.
i wonder if the royals are any different, its been 4 years since they debuted has anyone heard any stories? I have a set of royals and i love them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom