Chanman's projects (6 Viewers)

I got some new gaming suede that I'm testing out. This is gaming suede #6 (the last 5 have not been up to my standards).

So far so good, I'm hosting tomorrow night and I'm going to be breaking it in and will be playing on it all night (unless I bust early). I tried pitching some cards and low power and it looks promising. It has a slightly higher nap than my current fabric but is very reasonable. The other side of the fabric is actually much fuzzier so I printed on the less fuzzy side. I can flick much harder than shown in the video, it's a medium flick/push that I'm doing.

Cards seem to slide well. BTW, love your shop music. :cool:

Yeah I'm really happy with the card slide so far. Tonight will be the real test with others pitching cards on it to see how good they slide.

The shop music is certainly unique, lots of classical, orchestral, jazz, 60's, 50's, 40's music with some really funky stuff mixed in there too. I can't take any of the credit though, my employee's a music major and brings in his own stuff.

Lots of rental events the last few weeks. The new rental felts are working out very well.

2018-06-08 17.47.25.jpg
2018-06-08 17.47.31.jpg
2018-06-08 17.47.35.jpg
2018-06-08 17.47.43.jpg
2018-06-08 17.47.47.jpg

This one is printed on the new gaming suede that I will be using. I've had nothing but great feedback from everyone so far.
2018-06-14 19.56.41.jpg

Some big events too. Twice a year we host the tournament for Ronald McDonald House, helping sick kids. Over 70 players for this night.
2018-06-08 17.47.09.jpg
2018-06-08 17.47.00.jpg

Tony, do you have a recommendation for a product to help maintain glide over time? I’ve noticed that after a year of use the fabrics seem to have more friction.

Cleaning the cloth can help. Use a damp cloth and wipe down the felt to pick up any debris. Also vacuum with a brush attachment. Other than that, the cloth will naturally slow down as it gets dirty. As a last resort if you really want to bring back lots of the glide, you can spray some Scotchguard on the felt.

Cleaning the cloth can help. Use a damp cloth and wipe down the felt to pick up any debris. Also vacuum with a brush attachment. Other than that, the cloth will naturally slow down as it gets dirty. As a last resort if you really want to bring back lots of the glide, you can spray some Scotchguard on the felt.

Is it washable? I have removed speed cloth and washed it. Comes out like new.

Yes, but it pretty much removes all of the water repellent coating.

Working on a 9' table at the moment going to France who wants USB ports. This is the sub base with the wiring engraved, the base sheet will sit on top and each outlet will be in front of a player. The extension heads have 6" of slack which will get brackets to mount them in place. Nice and tidy.

2018-07-04 15.58.02.jpg

Working on a 9' table at the moment going to France who wants USB ports. This is the sub base with the wiring engraved, the base sheet will sit on top and each outlet will be in front of a player. The extension heads have 6" of slack which will get brackets to mount them in place. Nice and tidy.

View attachment 184849

How will an outlet be replaced if it goes bad?

The wires aren't secured in place, they're just barely pressure fit. If a wire goes bad, remove the top which is attached by connector bolts, remove the bad wire and replace it. The wires that lead to the hole hang down which plug into a hub with the excess wires just tied up with some ties.

I set up a side charging station but most guys don’t use it at all. Some bring an external battery, but most find it a nice break to escape the phone for the night. I like the idea of charging ports at the table, but don’t want to have to plug my table in. Beautiful work btw chanman.

Doing some housekeeping, realized I buy way too many cards....

2018-07-11 15.10.41.jpg

I also found 3 boxes of Kems I no longer use. I wonder why that could be...

2018-07-11 15.08.24.jpg

Free to anyone who wants them, just pay shipping. I remember dropping these boxes on the floor and was too busy to sort them, so all 6 decks are mixed together but they should be complete.

Good thing you asked that question. 1 bridge size, 2 poker size. So I guess only 4 decks are mixed up.

I set up a side charging station but most guys don’t use it at all. Some bring an external battery, but most find it a nice break to escape the phone for the night. I like the idea of charging ports at the table, but don’t want to have to plug my table in. Beautiful work btw chanman.

I've got a wireless option as well so that you don't need a power cord going from the table to an outlet.

Yes that's the prototype. The final version will be more polished. That one's also too small, I had to cram that port into the bracket with a lot of force.

Yeah, the battery sits on a shelf underneath the table so that it can be easily pulled out to recharge. Or you can take an extension cord to the table to recharge the battery.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom